suspension 101/ meet and greet

Hoblick

was gonna do this some what earlier this year, but things got all messed up.

im not a super genius on suspension, but i can impart some of you on some knowledge you may not have.

this a not something im doing as a business, but as a forum member wanting to share a bit of my knowledge and experience.

kind of a meet and greet/ know how thing

what ill cover..

setting sag

affects of preload and spring rate change

what is rebound damping/ how does it affect the bike

what is compression damping/ how does it affect the bike

difference between hi/low speed damping

rake and trail

you can opt to bring your bike and have your sag set.

i will show you how to get a baseline for damping, and where to take it from there.

as DesmoBrian has stated in other threads, damping isnt something that really can be set and left alone. Different riding conditions will require different settings to get optimal performance out of your suspension.

im gonna not try to go to in depth, but give folks some info into how your suspension works, why it does what it does, and what all those adjustments do. as well as meet some members from the forum.

at the moment i have no tenative date for this, and pending on how many are interested i may do this more than once to break big groups up.

i have a week and a half off coming up during the holiday time, so that would work the best for me i think.

it will be held in my Heated Garage, bring drinks, food, whatever.

we could all pitch in for pizza and pop or whatever.

so whos in?

Edited by Hoblick

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Idk about anyone else, but the 26th and 27th evenings are good for me. the 29th and 30th are iffy depending on the time. But i"m sure even if I come for the last half those days I'll still meet some awesome people and learn more than what I know now.

I could do it on a weekday in the evening or on a weekend day

26th-30th looks pretty open for me

I'm only busy on Tuesdays/Thursdays, so whenever else works for me!

Probably put on a nice winter coat and make the trek on the bike so I can put new skills to the test.

I'd love to come but I probably can't make it. Got some work stuff during the week and the 29th is my bday. Got plans for that already.

I need to learn about my suspension. My bike has been pretty much like a Ronco rotisserie, set it and forget it. That needs to change. It's the one aspect of my bike that I don't know everything about it.

it will be held in my Heated Garage, bring drinks, food, whatever. we could all pitch in for pizza and pop or whatever.

I have come to see this forum is quite a wonderful place, lots of nice people and just an overall good vibe! :cool:

so whos in?

I would love to stop in at one of the meet and greets, even more so with my bike. The holidays are a bit crazy for me with traveling to see family, but I will definitely subscribe and keep an eye on the dates if I happen to be free for any of them.

I'd be willing to attend and help if needed or wanted. Up to you... Could pass on knowledge if desired...

Thats fine with me, you probably have a little more knowledge in the fine tuning and cause and affect on the track then i do, so it would be a great idea.

Edited by Hoblick