Who still has semi-auto rifles for sale?

Scruit

Curious but topic related question... My dad has a pretty extensive gun collection as he used the last AWB as his shopping list. He's rolling on 70 now and sadly I know he will pass one day. My question is does "prohibit transfer" count in matters of estates?

If it comes to that, yes it would. Watch closely and deal with it before it happens. But like I said, I don't think it will go that far. Maximum might be FFL transfer. Which is ok anyway.

• Upvote 1

I still have mine...... Its a chinese sks.... Wood stock.... Small scope. Has a bipod and bayonet.......i also put a sling and a muzzle break on it. 10 round and 30 round clip...... Would love to keep it but coul use the money more

How much?

Nobama 2012

this is slightly frustrating.. as i've been wanting to pick one up for quite a while. but unfortunantly Life gets in the way.. silly commitments...

anyways i doubt i could even make a move untill mid spring.. i can only hope that we still havent enacted the AWB by then :(

Ahhh fin is local to me less then 5 mins away. I also was at my local B&T today they had no semi auto rifles beside a m1a and a mini 30. What did the b&t out your way still have in stock? and at what time?

Well I am not sure what they had left, but I we were chatting with a guy who was buying one as we were looking at pistols around 6:30. We were at the Lorain store.

Do none of you have local gun shops? I was just at B&T Shooting today and they weren't even thinking twice about selling them. Best bet is to try local shops probably, not corporate retailers.

You mean like Kyles and point blank?:)

Back OT.

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Mossberg-715T-Flat-Top-Rimfire-Rifle&i=721780&aID=510E4B&merchID=4006

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Smith-Wesson-MP15-22-Magpul-Rimfire-Rifle&i=693938&aID=510E3C&merchID=4006

Newbie disclosure.... Why so cheap?

NoBama 2012

Curious but topic related question... My dad has a pretty extensive gun collection as he used the last AWB as his shopping list. He's rolling on 70 now and sadly I know he will pass one day. My question is does "prohibit transfer" count in matters of estates?

Well then, it's a good thing he gave you his whole collection for christmas this year. He's just going to hold on to them for you for a bit longer. :cool:

How about you enlighten us with what logic is?

An AR for home defense does defy logic. At least I would condtend there are MORE logical choices available.

I've only shot an AR-15 on one occassion, and they're a ton of fun, but I would never call it a "logical" gun to own. I liken it to owning a Ferrari. Fun, but I'll rarely get to use it in the manner for which it was designed. There are many better daily drivers.

in a self defense situation, I feel somewhat the same about an AR-15. Yes they're accurate and can hold a lot of rounds with relively low recoil for the size. But a shotgun is still easier to aim in a panic situation, and won't go through my wall and into my neighbor's house if I miss the bad guy.

The same is true of a .22, except that there's less recoil than the shotgun, and I can carry just as many rounds as the AR.

I'm not advocating that AR's be banned, I'm just saying that I don't personally feel the need to own one.

A shotgun shooting buckshot will penetrate walls too. Think of it - what kind of bullet would you trust to stop a bad guy that won't go through drywall? Maybe the first shell in your shotgun could be a beanbag? That may or may not work, but would definitely be safe for occupants in adjacent rooms.

I probably wouldn't reach for the AR first due to the unmatched stopping power of the shotgun. But I'd use the shotgun for protection to round up the family and then give it to my wife while I take the sig p226 or a semi-auto rifle.

Depends on where I am when it goes down. If the AR safe is closer then there you go.