Its a win for gun owners in ohio

Gunner75

How about "I'm packing and I have a license"

I heard from a business owner that used to have "no guns" signs up that business owners that choose to post "no guns" signs are liable if there should happen to be a shooting on their property if it's not posted they are relieved of all liability. He said he was never told this when he received the signs to post that it was his insurance agent that told him. Has anyone heard of this before??

I thought that private property owners have no liability whether they post or not - but now I read it again I can only find immunity for private employer... http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2923.126 C(2)(a) :confused:

Its not that im against the rights of a business owner because im not. I just hate that businesses are basically openly announcing that their places are free to criminals to come and do their worst. The BW3 in Sidney has a sign on the back door stating that they Ban all guns on the premises.

Its not that im against the rights of a business owner because im not. I just hate that businesses are basically openly announcing that their places are free to criminals to come and do their worst. The BW3 in Sidney has a sign on the back door stating that they Ban all guns on the premises.

On the backdoor but not the front?

I agree with this. I almost didn't get my permit because I was disgusted at the idea of paying the state a fee to carry a gun concealed.

I'd also like to address Gunner's post about CPZ signs posted on private property. Sorry' date=' but private property is private property. I'm all in for removing the ban on public/govt property carry, but a business owner ought not be forced to serve a gun carrier if he/she doesn't desire to.[/quote']

They aint gotta know about it though. ;)

• Upvote 1