2013 Assault Weapons Ban Summary

Scruit

I'm friends with Pokey, and he's gay...so I've got you all beat!

Happy gay my friend.....happy gay.

Gay: having or showing a merry, lively mood: gay spirits; gay music. Synonyms: cheerful, gleeful, happy, glad, cheery, lighthearted, joyous, joyful, jovial; sunny, lively, vivacious, sparkling; chipper, playful, jaunty, sprightly, blithe. :D

Gay: having or showing a merry, lively mood: gay spirits; gay music. Synonyms: cheerful, gleeful, happy, glad, cheery, lighthearted, joyous, joyful, jovial; sunny, lively, vivacious, sparkling; chipper, playful, jaunty, sprightly, blithe....with balls in your mouth.

Straight from Merriam-Webster themselves...

Interesting...

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/table-7

Violent crimes are going down each year and have been since the early 90's according to FBI stats.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/table-1

Nothing is specific about the types of weapons used in these reports but lets assume it's an absurdly high number like 100 people every year are killed by "assault weapons". Given last years rates, 14,612, "assault weapons" accounted for what.... 0.68436901177115% of murdered people.

Why again are the gun grabbers, congress, the left, etc. so bent over my AR again?

:wtf:

• Upvote 1

I wonder if I can get a guest appearance on Piers' show.

All I would regurgitate would be those stats and asking him over and over again why is it he wants to ban such weapons.

We'd all see how he "takes offence" to true facts.

I haven't kept up on this thread but I didn't realize pump shotty's were part of this ban. Just seen this on kelt tec site. http://www.keltecweapons.com/news/ksg-price-increase-due-to-proposed-ban

I don't know if this is the official factory website, but if it is, be careful. It has a long history of spreading a virus. I caught it once and it was hard to get rid of.

I don't know if this is the official factory website, but if it is, be careful. It has a long history of spreading a virus. I caught it once and it was hard to get rid of.

Yes it is the official site, it is also on their FB page

I just can't help myself...

http://youtu.be/Ooa98FHuaU0

This numbers are wrong. He's use an apples-to-oranges comparison because the US crime stats he uses only cover homicide, rape, robbery and aggravated assault, whereas the UK numbers he uses cover homicide and any type of assault, even just slapping someone or pushing them. Also, UK robbery and rape numbers are counted on different tables.

I redid his numbers and came up with a figure of 734/100k "Violent crimes" thast fit the US classification system in the UK. Therefore the UK violent crims numbers are 2x higher, not 3.5x. The UK murder rate is 1/4 of the US.

I don't know why this is so difficult. Just apply any weapons bans that apply to the general public to the police and other forces operating domestically.

The general principle would be that anyone charged with keeping the peace must do so with the same means available to the general populace. This keeps the protectors and defenders from becoming the oppressors, which seems to be the general worry.

I don't know why this is so difficult. Just apply any weapons bans that apply to the general public to the police and other forces operating domestically.

The general principle would be that anyone charged with keeping the peace must do so with the same means available to the general populace. This keeps the protectors and defenders from becoming the oppressors, which seems to be the general worry.

It also gives the upper hand to the criminal element and black market, which is another source of oppression.

How about we just read the 2nd amendment and take that "shall not be infringed part" to heart?

It's not a mysterious amendment, frankly.

• Upvote 1

It also gives the upper hand to the criminal element and black market, which is another source of oppression.

How about we just read the 2nd amendment and take that "shall not be infringed part" to heart?

It's not a mysterious amendment, frankly.

The criminal element possesses many illegal items and does many illegal things. That's why we call them criminals. Ever wonder why you can't move more than $10,000 in cash without filling out some forms? (If you're lucky enough to be able to round up $10k, that is.)

It's the "arms" and "people" that are the cogent parts of the text here. Current activities are centered around defining arms, my point is "people" should include police and other similar bodies. You're point about criminal oppression will no doubt be brought up by the police if the idea above is ever proposed. "We will be at a disadvantage," will be their take. The response is, "So, why should you be any better prepared for those threats than WE are?"

• Upvote 1

The criminal element possesses many illegal items and does many illegal things. That's why we call them criminals. Ever wonder why you can't move more than $10,000 in cash without filling out some forms? (If you're lucky enough to be able to round up $10k, that is.)

It's the "arms" and "people" that are the cogent parts of the text here. Current activities are centered around defining arms, my point is "people" should include police and other similar bodies. You're point about criminal oppression will no doubt be brought up by the police if the idea above is ever proposed. "We will be at a disadvantage," will be their take. The response is, "So, why should you be any better prepared for those threats than WE are?"

And like your first paragraph the police will as they always have receive preferential treatment when anything is banned. That's how it's always been.

They're special, and professional guardians of the little people, so they deserve better stuff....so the argument goes.

And the liberals with armed security details will gladly give the executor of their laws the teeth to bite, while taking yours.

Ever notice that police show up "after" the crimes have been committed, or innocent folks have been shot? What are they preventing, they are preventing nothing because criminals do not fear police. However criminals fear the unknown citizen with a firearm, that is the great equalizer.

Ever notice that police show up "after" the crimes have been committed, or innocent folks have been shot? What are they preventing, they are preventing nothing because criminals do not fear police. However criminals fear the unknown citizen with a firearm, that is the great equalizer.

Yeah, funny you mention that. My dad used to visit a coffee shop here in C-bus where there were usually a lot of LEOs. He could hear the calls coming in over the radio and the officers would hang out a bit until answering. Once the old guy finally asked, "Shouldn't you answer that?" They told my dad they were waiting for the situation to "mature" or something. He couldn't remember the actual word, but it was something like that.

Certainly not all LEOs are like that, and it's a rough job, but these guys seemed to have timed it so about six cruisers show well after the event and several minutes before the media arrive.