WTB: Anybody got a stripped lower?

Turbotom09

I have one on GunBroker right now that is at 410 and still has several days to go.

The 150 you want to pay was regular price before all this shit happend. If you find someone willing to sell for that you better move fast

I have a hard time with all the price gouging going on.....just sayin. Yeah I know that some are crazy enough to pay the excessive prices, but it still is messed up IMHO.

I have a hard time with all the price gouging going on.....just sayin. Yeah I know that some are crazy enough to pay the excessive prices, but it still is messed up IMHO.

I am reluctant to call it gouging its really at this point current value as really there are no more for all practical purposes. Nobody has any, nobody really knows when or if there will be more ect. Would I pay that, no. But I have plenty. It's the people that don't have that are concerned that there will not be any more

It IS price gouging! I don't care what anyone says! Just like gas companies hope for a storm to come within a 100 mile radius of their refinery, gun sellers drool at every gun related incident that causes panic buying. It doesn't cost the gun companies any more than it did yesterday to make the guns yet suddenly we're expected to pay 3 times as much? Ridiculous. Just me ranting, not a personal attack on you MT

Some of could be greed, but i would bet that he manufactures are all competing for the same resources. Then the distributors mark up a bit due to supply and demand. At the retail end, the purchase price reflects the markups along they way, and the selling store has the same margin = higher prices. Of course, there is flat out gouging on some items, such as cheaper then dirt seling the Pmag for $60 for a short while.

While I was interesting in building an AR this summer, but my desire to own one at this time does not exceed my desire to part with cash.

Found one type at Brownells. I guess they are expecting a shipment in January.

Milled forging. Looks like it says TM stamped/milled logo on it. Whatever that is.

They are taking pre-orders. 94.99

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-amp-action-parts/receivers/lower-receivers/ar-15-stripped-lower-receiver-prod55099.aspx

edit: TM is Tactical Machining Their lowers start at 109 on their website and are out of stock currently.

Edited by ReconRat

It IS price gouging! I don't care what anyone says! Just like gas companies hope for a storm to come within a 100 mile radius of their refinery, gun sellers drool at every gun related incident that causes panic buying. It doesn't cost the gun companies any more than it did yesterday to make the guns yet suddenly we're expected to pay 3 times as much? Ridiculous. Just me ranting, not a personal attack on you MT

Sorry. I don't see it as gouging. If they had a stockpile of lowers in the back room and were jacking the prices up even though they had plenty and wouldn't be able to sell them all at normal price, it might be. But NO ONE knows what's going to happen and what the market may be in the future. This is just supply and demand.

Even though I'm still one gun short of what I wanted in my safe, I don't fault the dealers, manufacturer, or current owners selling them at twice what I could have bought one for a month ago. I'm gambling on this passing and being able to purchase one in the future at Old prices. If not, I guess I'll find something else.

It is not in anyway, as I said its on gunbroker. It was put on with a penny starting bid and no reserve. That is market setting the price. No reserve so could've sold for 20 instead it went well over 400, that is not gouging that's market price.

Stuff is selling for way more that I will pay for it no question. But the market, supply, demand, panic ect is setting the price right. Hard to believe but it's the buyers setting the prices as high as they are right now, not the sellers.

I am very seriously thinking of thinning out my AR collection right now due to the prices

Sorry. I don't see it as gouging. If they had a stockpile of lowers in the back room and were jacking the prices up even though they had plenty and wouldn't be able to sell them all at normal price, it might be. But NO ONE knows what's going to happen and what the market may be in the future. This is just supply and demand.

Even though I'm still one gun short of what I wanted in my safe, I don't fault the dealers, manufacturer, or current owners selling them at twice what I could have bought one for a month ago. I'm gambling on this passing and being able to purchase one in the future at Old prices. If not, I guess I'll find something else.

I believe it will pass and prices will go to lower than they were due to market saturation, I believe a high cap mag ban is going to happen though.

If I were to start buying up stuff to resell at a profit after legislation, it would be mags.

Found one type at Brownells. I guess they are expecting a shipment in January.

Milled forging. Looks like it says TM stamped/milled logo on it. Whatever that is.

They are taking pre-orders. 94.99

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-amp-action-parts/receivers/lower-receivers/ar-15-stripped-lower-receiver-prod55099.aspx

edit: TM is Tactical Machining Their lowers start at 109 on their website and are out of stock currently.

The problem is, no delivery date. Many of Deltas suppliers are saying 1 year for order filling. Some are no longer even taking orders. I am not going to prepay for a lower that they won't even give an estimate on when you will see it, if ever.

*laughs*

the Tactical Machining forum mentioned they notified bulk retailers not to jack prices up, or they would cease supplying them as a source. Good to hear.

And found this little blurb:

This is like 1994 all over again. I just hope our politicians don't put you out of business. I read last ban some manufactures stopped all production to engrave raw forgings faster than grandma with a cheetah taped to her back to stock pile and finish after the ban. I hope this ends well for us.

It is not in anyway, as I said its on gunbroker. It was put on with a penny starting bid and no reserve. That is market setting the price. No reserve so could've sold for 20 instead it went well over 400, that is not gouging that's market price.

Stuff is selling for way more that I will pay for it no question. But the market, supply, demand, panic ect is setting the price right. Hard to believe but it's the buyers setting the prices as high as they are right now, not the sellers.

I am very seriously thinking of thinning out my AR collection right now due to the prices

Again, referring to the gun industry jacking up prices, not you personally. If I had an AR collection I can't say I wouldn't do the same. Material costs did not change so why the huge jump? I can see a bump in prices because of demand but double and triple? For the time being I guess I'll buy magazines for a gun I don't own and wait for the AR fire sale to happen.

I really haven't seen the gun industry jacking up prices over this at all. At least not the places I frequently visit locally and online.

You just can't find anything out there. Nearly all ammo, mags and rifles are gone. If you were to just now become a shooter you would think this type of atmosphere for these products was normal, the sad part is that it truly is normal now. It's something to get used to.

If you place a pre-order, backorder or whatrever, and the ban comes into force before delivery, the you are SOL. No point pre-ordering for 1 year delivery - any law we are going to get would be in force by then.

Will the republicans repeal any law next time the get a majority in both houses, and president?