WTB: Anybody got a stripped lower?

Turbotom09

The problem is, no delivery date. Many of Deltas suppliers are saying 1 year for order filling. Some are no longer even taking orders. I am not going to prepay for a lower that they won't even give an estimate on when you will see it, if ever.

Absolutely. A complete "shot in the dark". Along with the FFL complications. Other parts aren't so bad. Just buy and some day in the future it's delivered. Maybe. Things might get back to normal in maybe 6 months. But the back orders will take longer to resolve. Some people are saying there will be a flood of cancellation of credit card orders at some time in the future. When buyers start to calm down.

No, Feinstein thought of that one and is not covering guns by name, only by characteristics.

She is covering them BOTH by name and characteristics.

Summary of 2013 legislation

Following is a summary of the 2013 legislation:

- Bans the sale, transfer, importation, or manufacturing of:

-- 120 specifically-named firearms

--Certain other semiautomatic rifles, handguns, shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and have one military characteristic

--Semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds

So changing the name is the first thing to do - now we have an AR16.

Next, modify the bolt hold-open latch to hold the bolt back after every shot (just like it does on an empty mag) then using a magpul Battery Assist Device to manually load the next round using your trigger finger. It's not a semi-automatic if it requires a manual operation to load the next round, right?

Now you have a rifle that is not semi-automatic, and it not a named rifle.

Edited by Scruit

lol, add a solenoid for bolt group release, and put the solenoid trigger up in the fore end grip. Bluetooth, lol.

pull trigger - boom - squeeze stock - clack

at least it's "on hand" and ready

edit: electric pump action

Edited by ReconRat

Just use this for bolt release...

MagpulBADlever1_zps5c72d3e4.jpg

This is the lever in action: (watch his index finger trip it after each new mag)

With practice you can fire just as quickly with your new manually-loaded modern sporting rifle.

You could manipulate with your left hand and not have your right hand be interrupted as well, or use a revised lower with a bolt release above the mag release. I quickly mocked this up since I couldn't remember or find the manufacturers that are currently doing this:

4MjHI.jpg

The problem is, no delivery date. Many of Deltas suppliers are saying 1 year for order filling. Some are no longer even taking orders. I am not going to prepay for a lower that they won't even give an estimate on when you will see it, if ever.

You've had some fun times preordering and prepaying too :lol:

• Upvote 1

6061 billet? I can bend that stuff with my hands. (If it's a thin section.)

...and I can knock a tree over, if its small enough. I have heard the original colt ar15's supposedly used 6061-t6 and DPMS and CMMG still use it on their .308 stuff. The ar15 does not have enough stresses to break a 6061-t6 lower that I know of and I am willing to bet it will much outlive the owner. There are even skeletonized lowers (primarily) for pistol builds and I have never heard of a failure out of those. I think those were 7075-t6 though. If there is physical proof/simulation of the opposite that you know of specifically, I would love to look at it.

oa98_a_01.jpg

As stated, of you are looking for a lower then you won't find one for anywhere near $150 right now. You will need to wait a couple months to finish your build; you picked a bad time.

Edited by imprez55

Agreed, I think the original was 6061. (The dark grey ones.) Real easy to mill out. I do suppose it was heat treated to better physical properties. Not sure about this one, nothing is indicated.

Yeah, looked it up. It was 6061-T6, which is ok. 6061-T0 and -T1 are too soft.

edit:

In engineering, heat treated 7075 aluminum is a primary structural material.

Heat treated 6061 is a secondary structural material.

Equipment designed for stress uses the 7075.

That's all, just my aircraft designer brain wants 7075 if I can get it.

Edited by ReconRat