Ride Sunday 4/6/08

gixxie750

no thats not jess. It marydeth and she races with wera. She actually led the pack all day. I like the big pack because almost all of the riders are very good with their bikes and dont have ego issues. GREAT BUNCH OF RIDERS! The crash was preventable,but only if you have gravel vision! They were going less than the speed limit when the crash happend. Plus with a group ride its cool to have such a variety of riders and skill level so new riders can join in and learn without being scared or buzzed by a squidly rider.

im with ya nick especially with the roads being bad. i have usually me and three other guys i ride with all the time. we know each other limits and we know exactly what the other one is going to do in certain situations.

There was some idiot on a red and black CBR coming down the hill next to the creek on 22 on the straight section decided to 110 past the 10 bikes in front and had to check over on Rob (RJH150 on LR) due to a van. Then buzzed me at 100 ish and did wheelie over one of the little rises.

not a mile out of Falmouth...

One of my first times being passed on 22. But I wasn't out to push (no sliders) and still having issues with the front end on the street 1k. I am going to throw a set of Diablo take offs on and see if that helps. If not I am going to raise the front to get more trail and stabilized some. It is just too damn nervous in the front for my liking mid corner.

• 2 weeks later...
I couldn't believe how many groups were out... I know I may not head back there this year, that is just too many bikes in one area riding back and forth..

I know that Shell Station in Falmouth must like it though :D

Brandon I had been at the station for few after coming down 17 to 27 from 275. Then we hit 22 out to 10 on way to 165... I figure if all the groups are at Falmouth 22 is somewhat clear and good to go.

I do not like the front end on my Gix 1k Street bike at all. I hope throwing some new tires will settle it down, but dang is it a flighty feeling mid corner.

Yeah I had one close call on on 10 heading back to 22. (couple corners from the 22/10 intersections). That blind right just over the hill. The 25mph suggested is BS I was at 35mph and no way in hell to make it witht he suspesion extended and on the brakes...

The one guy behind us had awesome save. He launched into the field, but never went down.

Do you guys just run the Falmouth to Rt 10 back and forth?

you liked that save huh :cheers: