IMS Cleveland

Howabusa

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoever said that is full of shit. It doesn't change much but it's a good time. Try and go Friday. Sat and Sun are packed. I will be there Friday when it opens at 3.

Thanks for the info. We can't make it Friday, the wife works till 5 or 6.

Whoever said that is full of shit. It doesn't change much but it's a good time. Try and go Friday. Sat and Sun are packed. I will be there Friday when it opens at 3.

This.

From the online ads, it sounds like some of the manufacturers that have been absent the last couple of years will be back. The vendors are kind of hit or miss in terms of junk vs. good deals, but it's fun to look around.

I've been going for the last 12 years and still really enjoy it. We'll be there on Saturday.

Its nice to see most of the major bike manufacturers in one location with plenty of room between bikes. Usually a few new or concept bikes to gaze at and a few vendors with some interesting products.

However its not cheap and they gouge you for parking. Motorcycle parking is free but its hard to take advantage of that in Jan :cold:

Ill be going, most likely Friday after work.

Craig

I'll be there with my wife at 9am on Saturday. The unwashed masses usually don't start filling the place up until about 11:30 or so. It's a good place to be for motorcyclists on a cold day in January. It's pretty much the only motorcycle show in Ohio that isn't predominantly pirate.

I have gone the last 6 years and it gets a little less each year. It's not the show it used to be and the after party we had at Buddy's each year also had went down each year as well. That's why several of us are doing the Indy IMS this year, its a bigger show. If you've never been there then you probably won't be dissapointed but if you have been then you will probably be a little let down.

Personally I'm probably not going to Cleveland again so hopefully Indy is a hit

I have gone the last 6 years and it gets a little less each year. It's not the show it used to be and the after party we had at Buddy's each year also had went down each year as well. That's why several of us are doing the Indy IMS this year, its a bigger show. If you've never been there then you probably won't be dissapointed but if you have been then you will probably be a little let down.

The last few years were very tough on motorcycle manufacturers so extra spending like IMS was reduced. So not surprisingly the Cleveland IMS suffered.

However things are starting to turn around and according to the list of bike manufacturers at Cleveland IMS there should be more than the previous couple years. So I am cautiously optimistic.

And its still a chance to do something motorcycle related in the middle of winter.

Ofcourse it helps that the IX is 20 min for work while Indy is a 6 hour drive. :D

Craig

once you see all the full frontal male nudity you missed from my get together this weekend, you will rue the day you thought anything in indiana was better than our little slice of heaven.

Sounds like a good way to spend a day but $30 for tckts plus gas to drive to Cleveland and back, which is about 5-6 hrs rd trip, I just don't have any money freed up. Saving for our summer bike trip, saving every penny....gonna be a long dry spell between now and Aug....:(

Yeah, I have gone the last few years, but I wouldn't pay full price. I try not to pay at all

Progressive usually has free tickets, if you know anyone who works there or have a policy through them.

My dad and I went for free last year. Only paid or parking and beer. That was worth it.

I got discounted tickets and cle is only about an hour drive, plus me and the sammich maker are carpooling with my cousin and his panini press, so we split down on gas and parking. Still hoping some ORDN members stop out and have a drink with us at the grayton rd tavern (i think that's what its called) there are a lot of you I haven't met yet, so obviously I want my first impression on you to be drunk and obnoxious with whiskey-nacho-hot wing-camel breath.

It's good for people watching, going with buddies to bench race and try and get some bargins.

In the past, you could go on a Sunday and really get some good deals. Now the independent dealers aren't as plentiful, the deals have dwindled as well. The show is smaller in size as well, but it's still worth it to go. If you are in the market for a new bike, the show cannot be beat. 90% of the bikes available will be there for you to check out and oogle over.

Did I mention that the people watching is REALLY good? It puts Walmart to shame.