thinking about selling my quad(someone talk me out of it)

2talltim

Just like the title says I thinking about selling the ol' Z. Why? You ask. Well mainly because I thought of selling it and getting a 4x4 anyways but not for a while, plus as most of you know I work 95% of my saturdays and unless I take vaycay days I can't get them off, and most of them are already planned out this year. So just like last year I'm proboly only going to get out 2 or 3 times this year, and I could be spending that time on the Vee. Plus with my boy playing football and the oldest running track and cross country eats up time too. If I sell it now it still wroth quite a bit I think I can get 2g's out it . I don't know what do you bubbys think?

I think you're talking nonsense. I've only had mine out two weekends a year for the last 10 years and had a blast every time. Two grand aint shit in the grand scheme of things and you're going to use it, so why sell it. You know if you do you are gonna wish you had it every time we go riding and you could have gone.

You'll have plenty of time to dump the vee. I'm sure there will be plenty of loose dogs running around this summer.

I understand the kids and weekends. However, when I got rid of all my dirt toys, I had kind of forgotten what I was missing until I got the RZR. I had forgotten how much I missed being out in the woods with my buds, in a non homo way. Being out on the dusty or muddy trail is really something that I need in my life to keep my sanity. Even if it's just a couple of weekends a year. But, I also have 5 acres with trails and woods all over it, so I can use my offroad toys any/everyday if I chose. I just really enjoy the camaraderie .

If it's paid for, do you need the money? Do you need the space? Sometimes it can be hard to get back something like that once you get rid of it.

• Upvote 1

I think you're talking nonsense. I've only had mine out two weekends a year for the last 10 years and had a blast every time. Two grand aint shit in the grand scheme of things and you're going to use it, so why sell it. You know if you do you are gonna wish you had it every time we go riding and you could have gone.

You'll have plenty of time to dump the vee. I'm sure there will be plenty of loose dogs running around this summer.

All good points, and yea i dont need the money so it dont hurt it sitting there...Damn dogs, got some crash bars on the Vee now i'll fuck them bitches up:D.

I understand the kids and weekends. However, when I got rid of all my dirt toys, I had kind of forgotten what I was missing until I got the RZR. I had forgotten how much I missed being out in the woods with my buds, in a non homo way. Being out on the dusty or muddy trail is really something that I need in my life to keep my sanity. Even if it's just a couple of weekends a year. But, I also have 5 acres with trails and woods all over it, so I can use my offroad toys any/everyday if I chose. I just really enjoy the camaraderie .

If it's paid for, do you need the money? Do you need the space? Sometimes it can be hard to get back something like that once you get rid of it.

All my toys i paid cash for, no i dont need the money, space is soso i could use it but its out of the way. TRUE DAT to all the above comments!!

I had a 03 z400 that I thought I would never sell. Had a blast on that thing. The problem was after about 4 summers of riding it every other weekend I was board with it. Traded it for a DR650 and never looked back. Bought a WR250R last year and love it. There is so much more riding to do when you can ride on and off road. I live in Loudonville and we had to haul the quads 100 miles to ride any place fun. With the WR I can be on gravel roads 2 miles from my house. I put a lot more seat time on the bike then I ever could on the quad. I do miss it in the snow.

This. I've only been out two or three times this year and enjoyed every minute of it. I can't wait to get out again.

As much as I don't like quads (vs dirt bikes), I still say keep it if you enjoy it and aren't pressed to sell (space/money). Much harder to obtain another one if you decide you want to ride again.

Biggie