Holsters for riding.

Gunner75

With all the types of holsters and styles its hard to decide. What's a good concealment holster for riding a sport bike. Most of you have seen my gear and what I ride with. I want to be able to access it easy but I dont want to worry about it dropping while on a ride. I figured Todd would be a good one to ask.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I have heard many use concealment vests. But for you guys wearing one piece suits that won't work. I figured a crossdraw would work nicely but it wouldn't be very concealed and again with your gear it might not be the thing. It'll be interesting to hear what others say. One of these would be cool, but not concealed...

98davb.jpg

I use a single-clip Guild & Goodrich IWB for my SR9 and carry in the appendix position on a bike. Not comfortable carrying anywhere else as it puts the gun on a hard spot and where I'm likely to land. If I land on my belly, it's soft tissue. Might hurt, but no broken bones.

I have replied to a few of these threads with the same answer. I use either my crossbreed IWB or my "t-shirt" holster. The "t-shirt" holster is basically an under armor style material with holsters sewn in the sides. It works great with a leather jacket or full suit. I bring a shirt I can fit under my passenger seat to throw on if I decide to stop some where. I've carried my sub-compact .380 my full size .40 h+k my .45 XD and my wifes taurus judge using that shirt. It works a little better for 2 up depending on how you and the passenger ride. My IWB only fits my .40 but its comfortable enough I sometimes forget its there but it doesn't work to easily with full leathers.

I haven't had any problem with IWB. Shoulders are a pain when you stop and take off the jacket. Open carry IS legal, but it's not my thing.

Important to note that open carry ON a bike is only legal if you have your CHL.

I've seen people use a holster on their leg, like a thigh holster.

Edited by SWing'R

Important to not that open carry ON a bike is only legal if you have your CHL.

I've seen people use a holster on their leg' date=' like a thigh holster.[/quote']

This is true and often misunderstood. In Ohio for the most part everything is a motor vehicle. As soon as you are in a motor vehicle it is considered concealed. I have seen some argue that you are ON a motorcycle so it doesnt count. Those people are wrong.

To the original question, iwb or inside the breast pocket of your jacket work well.

I don't carry for being on the bike, but we all have to get off. Ever get gas, hit an ATM, stop at a restaurant?

Any different than getting there by car or on foot?

There ya go.

My flyin couch gets refueled in flight, cost is ridiculous but safety is key here :lol:

Seriously though, you're correct. I just rarely ever carry mine anytime