Skyline or Gold Star  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Skyline or Gold Star

• Neither. They both suuuuuuuck.
    • Gold Star
    • Skyline
    • I like 'em both equally.

Why no Empress?

Of those two, Skyline hands down. Feeling hungry, might head there now. Jumbo inverted 5 way, two or three cheese coneys with everything.

Lets see if we can turn this into a political argument somehow...

The Gold Star founders are from Jordan, which is in the Middle East. Wait, we like Jordan...never mind.

The Daoud kids (sons of one of the Gold Star founders) were a-holes in high school, according to a long-ago girlfriend who went to school with them. Of course, she turned out to be a c*nt, so who knows?...

Skyline

If you've never had a handheld 3 way (chillito w spaghetti) you haven't lived. It's been rumored that my fraternity is the inventors of said item long long before it was ever on the menu

Gold Star is terrible. I once got in an argument with a professor that said 99.9% of people couldn't tell the difference between the two. I called him out and said bring me 2 coneys and I'll prove to you that you're an idiot. Yes I proved to hinges an idiot

Goldstar, thread. Skyline is runny baby poop compared to Goldstar. Used to drive to Jeffersonville or Lebanon just to get it. Jeffersonville closed and I haven't been down to Lebanon for a while but need to make the trip for some. Man I love that stuff.

Edited by madcat6183

The only Cincinnati style chili that I've liked so far is Blue Ash Chili's 6-way. I never liked Skyline, but haven't had it in a long time. Maybe I'll try it again, and hit up Gold Star next trip to Cinci. in a few months.

Blue ash is ok but never really thought it was good enough to keep going back

skyline is so good its made its in like 5-6 states as requested by loyal eaters. Gold star is garbage so nobody wants it anywhere but Shitcinnatti

Camp Washington is an experience. I've eaten there a couple of times. Never had Empress. I like the history of most of the places. "Cincinnati Chil" in general is like Marions Piazza. People either love it or hate it. There doesn't seem to be much in-between. I'm a Skyline fan, but crave Gold Star coney's every so often.

Skyline quality reallly depends on which one you eat at, and whether its a franchise store or a company store. Company stores tend to be cleaner and a little more generous with their cheese. The Dayton Mall store is owned by a granddaughter of the founders (IIRC), and is always spotless and friendly. The Lebanon store is dirty and the people always act like they'd really rather go stand by the back door and finish their cigarette.

When my parents come to town, Skyline is always a stop on their way in to town. They live near Dallas. Years ago, I told dad that he should franchise down there. "No. It wouldn't work. This isn't chili". I agreed once I thought about it.

I've taken to making my own at home with seasoning packets from Kroger. Add 2 lbs of meat instead of 1-1.5.

the Clifton Skyline is hands down the best one. Oakley is often good, the one off 71 near Mason Montgomery is also hit or miss. Those are 3 I've eaten at the most other than the two up here in Cleveland in which the cuyahoga falls one is far superior to the Brookpark one