Any HD Riders out there?

AKIRA

Goldwing riders are huge douches too. Those gay ass helmets with the microphone things hanging in front of their faces. Oh, and ADV riders.... Really? Have you ever taken it in the dirt? Gay. BMW.... Nice day-glow.

And Cafe racers.... They weren't even cool when they meant something.

• Upvote 1

Goldwing riders are huge douches too. Those gay ass helmets with the microphone things hanging in front of their faces. Oh, and ADV riders.... Really? Have you ever taken it in the dirt? Gay. BMW.... Nice day-glow.

And Cafe racers.... They weren't even cool when they meant something.

Yup.....take my V-Strom and WR250R in the dirt and gravel all the time "and I tear up the pavement too", you will find a vast majority of guys and gals over on ADVrider to be very much hardcore and not posers.

• Upvote 2

Maybe if you value long term reliability above all else. But if you value the driving experience, Lexus doesn't have anything on the Bimmer. Grandpa car, in my opinion.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Really, you sure about that?

Yup.....take my V-Strom and WR250R in the dirt and gravel all the time "and I tear up the pavement too", you will find a vast majority of guys and gals over on ADVrider to be very much hardcore and not posers.

We have to admit though, ADV riders do love safety gear.  And farkles.  Some guys have impressive investments in Klim gear, camping equipment, GPSes...!  :camping:

• Upvote 1

Unless Lexuses (Lexi?) have come a long way in 3 years since I last test drove them. There was nothing sporty about those cars at all. Tell me where I'm off base!

Lexus IS F "490 hp" Lexus LFA "560 hp" can only exceed 200 MPH or so. LS460 only has a meager 386 hp, and the IS 350F only has 305 hp. Seems you need to brush up on the old man cars a bit, that and they do not need to be in the shop all the time to enjoy that performance. BMW and Benz have some bad ass cars no doubt, but it will cost you in multiple ways. Give me a Nissan GT-R over any European sports car anyday, and we all know that car is no slouch. ;)

I think Rick found a little more respect for at least a few sporty riders last week, he was a bit impress on how myself, mike, and phil handled our bikes and what they were capable of doing.Said he was use to seeing nothing but squids on city streets and we impressed him a bit. So i guess the stereo types are on both sides of the fence that make the bad examples. Rick likse his loud pipes and bling yet is still a very good rider that gears up and loves anything on 2 wheels. While the sporty guys in the group were semi fast riders that like to tear it up yet still respect others on the road and are not just posers trying to look cool.

Edited by 2talltim
  • Upvote 3

I think Rick found a little more respect for at least a few sporty riders last week, he was a bit impress on how myself, mike, and phil handled our bikes and what they were capable of doing.Said he was use to seeing nothing but squids on city streets and we impressed him a bit. So i guess the stereo types are on both sides of the fence that make the bad examples. Rick likse his loud pipes and bling yet is still a very good rider that gears up and loves anything on 2 wheels. While the sporty guys in the group were semi fast riders that like to tear it up yet still respect others on the road and are not just posers trying to look cool.

You are one big ass squid!!!!

Unless Lexuses (Lexi?) have come a long way in 3 years since I last test drove them. There was nothing sporty about those cars at all. Tell me where I'm off base!

The LFA is purported to be one of the absolute best cars ever made.

• Upvote 1

Hoblick for sure is the exception. :) The buyers experience is HUGE for Harley, and Indian may very well be in that league soon as well. If I were to throw big money at a bike like that, I would probably give Indian or Victory a shot over Harley. I will never rule a bike like that out one of these days, but I am just not into owning bikes at this point of my life that are so myopic in what they do or can easily do. I HATE LOUD V-twin straight pipes, and I think that is a big part of what the bug up my ass is about concerning many of these bikes. Now some of the dual systems like on a Road King and the other baggers, sound very deep and mellow which I really like allot. Most of the cruisers and baggers are just too damn big and heavy, less is simply more for me at this point in my riding life.

Edited by Pokey
  • Upvote 1

Polaris Industries Inc motorcycles have a long way to go before they even come close to competing with the Harley network.

Give them some time, especially since they appear to build better engines and transmissions than Harley.

harley is a genius with marketing

Could not agree more with this part of what you said. 

Beyond that, your logic and actual experiences with virtually all of the brands in question have no place in this thread.  Kindly leave this debate to those of us spewing hate and talking predominantly out of our asses :D

(in a weird way, this thread almost makes me want a cruiser.  It probably wouldn't be a HD, but some kind of big shiny twin might be fun...)

Beyond that, your logic and actual experiences with virtually all of the brands in question have no place in this thread.  Kindly leave this debate to those of us spewing hate and talking predominantly out of our asses  :D

(in a weird way, this thread almost makes me want a cruiser.  It probably wouldn't be a HD, but some kind of big shiny twin might be fun...)

Big shiny I4 is better.

Beyond that, your logic and actual experiences with virtually all of the brands in question have no place in this thread.  Kindly leave this debate to those of us spewing hate and talking predominantly out of our asses  :D

i still poke fun at asshat harley guys all the time.

as well as other asshats that are poser riders.  I've said it before and ill say it again, Ducati and BMW has as many poser riders as Harley does.

its the stigma of owning such an expensive bike.  its like some idiot who could give a shit less about performance buying a lambo because he can.  then just wants to show it off.

i don't know how many people made comments about my harley and ducati when i was out riding them. damn thats bad ass, even though they don't even know what model they are.  first question was always.. bet that wasn't cheap, how much did that set you back.

• Upvote 1