Any HD Riders out there?

AKIRA

damn thats bad ass, even though they don't even know what model they are.

I get this alot. Once it was a Harley, on Monday it was an Indian. I just laugh and tell them it's a Kawasaki.

It's always fun when I tell them. :lol:

I get this alot. Once it was a Harley, on Monday it was an Indian. I just laugh and tell them it's a Kawasaki.

It's always fun when I tell them. :lol:

I got Victory a lot on my Nomad because of the big V on the tank. The Voyager mostly they ask now what it is and don't guess.

Edited by Tonik

Yeah Harleys suck. My Softail is always getting bugs stuck on the windshield and contantly needs gas after I ride over 150 miles. Not only that, but the engine heats up every time I use it and makes clicking noises for 45 minutes after, and sometimes when I pull out there's a squealing sound coming from the rear tire - on the highway it gets very windy. The problems never end.

• Upvote 4

I'm going to start a thread about "Bikes Hoblick hasn't owned (yet)."

So far the only rides I can think of that I'm surprised Ryan hasn't owned at some point (and I may be wrong) are:

- SV650

- Concourse

- Goldwing

I'm poking fun, and I don't share Ryan's enthusiasm for upgrading bikes, but I think his posts above are pretty awesome.  He's owned everything, and ridden them all enough that his opinion can't be invalidated.  Regardless of what he's on, he expects it to live up to the performance it promises.  Clearly those standards are different for a full bagger and a sport bike, and that's okay

• Upvote 2

I'm going to start a thread about "Bikes Hoblick hasn't owned (yet)."

So far the only rides I can think of that I'm surprised Ryan hasn't owned at some point (and I may be wrong) are:

- SV650

And he kind of already has that one in the form of a Gen-2 V-Strom 650.  The gen-1 "wee-strom" used a SV650 engine detuned for more torque down low, and the gen-2 adopted a refined Gladius engine with the same detuning treatment.  I know it's a little stretch, but it does speak to Hoblick's upgrade afliction ;-).

Yeah Harleys suck. My Softail is always getting bugs stuck on the windshield and contantly needs gas after I ride over 150 miles. Not only that, but the engine heats up every time I use it and makes clicking noises for 45 minutes after, and sometimes when I pull out there's a squealing sound coming from the rear tire - on the highway it gets very windy. The problems never end.

You jest about the engine heat, but that is a legitimate bitch among many hd riders. The things you mentioned are pretty standard among all bikes, Harleys have a lack of horsepower, an excessive amount of weight, as well as a severely limited lean angle. This makes for lethargic acceleration, embarrassingly slow corner speed, and a top speed equivalent to that of the speed of smell.

i just want to be clear that my post was meant to say Zuma is better than all bikes being discussed.  Not just Harleys.  Zumas are definitely better than harleys though, for sure.

Harley's are ok as long as nobody makes me ride one. Oh, I almost forgot, Harley tried that in the 1980s, but only forced me onto a 750 that was short stroked by Yamaha to 700cc to avoid the 49% tariff.

I’m confused what is everyone trying to tell me Sport bikes are faster than Harleys you guys are too easy I have owned a KZ1000 since 76 So I have a little bit of knowledge of what a sport bike will do You guys are just suckers for pot stirring and it is a fun way to entertain myself when I can’t ride I bet not a one of you have the balls to go to a forum like HDForums and talk the same kind of BS I do here and stay for two years. I will say this everyone single one of you that I have met in person have been OUTSTANDING people and I would ride with you anytime It will take a lot more than a little bit of ragging on my bike to scare me away. But Jim is right 24 pages :lol: :lol: :lol:

PS I really could less what anyone rides everyone on 2 wheels put their ass on the line everyday doing what they love and that's all that matters.

It is a shame that so many of you are Harley haters your missing out on meeting a lot of great people out there by attacking everyone that post to this forum I took a chance going on the Rushmore run knowing how things are on this board and only meeting TONIK 1 time. I’m glad I did and would do it again anytime.

Edited by HeavyDuty
  • Upvote 4

the V-Rod sounds a lot better being slow though.

the zuma sounds like the coughing of a thunder god... you know, when the doctor is pinching your taint

How fast?

the zuma tops out at indicated 60~ mph.  so i have no clue. i was just trying to chase down the jew bear typing cat