It's coming??? Spring looks to be coming up!

smashweights

Ugh, this forecast is going downhill fast. I shouldn't have said anything...

I also keep San Antonio weather on my quick list on weather.com since we're hoping to move there in a year or so and it's just teasing me...

Edited by smashweights

Currently for Newark - 43055...

Tuesday

Snow likely before 1pm, then snow and sleet between 1pm and 3pm, then rain, snow, and sleet after 3pm. High near 37. East wind 7 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow and sleet accumulation of less than one inch possible.

Tuesday Night

Rain, snow, and sleet before 8pm, then snow and sleet between 8pm and 11pm, then snow after 11pm. Low around 30. Northeast wind around 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

Wednesday

Snow likely before noon, then a chance of snow and sleet. Cloudy, with a high near 36. Northeast wind 8 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Wednesday Night

A slight chance of snow and sleet before 8pm, then a slight chance of snow between 8pm and 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. Northwest wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Thursday

Mostly sunny, with a high near 40.

http://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=OHZ056&warncounty=OHC089&firewxzone=OHZ056&local_place1=&product1=Winter+Storm+Warning

Edited by JackFlash

Thats why Im not getting the bike out until Thursday :D

At least around here the roads should be clear and probably dry by then.

I understand those southern towns dont deal with snow quite as well. :D

Craig

Most drivers don't seem to deal well with the snow around these parts either. You'd think they'd be used to it.

Takes them way too damn long. And what the hell is up with these flashy flashy "HEY LOOK AT ME" salt trucks this year?

Projected 56 degrees and NICE on Sunday when I'm off work. Don't leave me hanging, nature!

The lights are reaction to the fact that 4x as many Ohio motorists rear end snow plows than in any of the surrounding states. http://www.newsnet5.com/dpp/news/local_news/ODOT-snowplow-lights-get-new-look Again, you'd think we'd know how to drive in snow.

I'm crossing my fingers for Sunday. I'll have to go get one of my bikes registered.

negative imaginary rep and frowny faces :( :( :( for smashweights for getting my hopes up. ;) I've got 6-10" drifts around my car that I have to dig now.

And it's 99% solid water slush, and needed a coal shovel to move it.

Saw a girl boxed in by snow from a snow plow this morning.

She wasn't going anywhere for quite a while.

Not sure that called for clueless wandering in traffic while talking on a phone though.

edit: And it looks like might be able to ride on Saturday 9th afternoon and Sunday 10th:

53F on Saturday but cold in the morning

40F to 58F on Sunday (maybe as high as 62F)

42F to 52F on Monday

Then it gets mostly cold again for a week or two

Again, this is weather. Anything more than two days away is a mystery.

edit: see how they change stuff, changed to rain Sunday, and then changed to light rain at 4pm and steady rain by midnight.

High temp for Sunday now 61F

Edited by ReconRat

I went out for about eighty miles today, the first significant ride of the year for me. I was out in the afternoon in Cleveland and thereabouts. The roads are clear and dry, but the air is chilly. I guess it was somewhere near 40, but I was kitted out so it didn't feel all that cold.

The RT is a good cold weather bike, and I've got decent gear. So, temperature wise I could ride more weeks than I do, but I don't take chances with ice. I don't want road salt on the bike, either. This time of year is about the earliest I can get back on the road, usually. On the other hand, when the weather’s better a lot of you will be able to go much faster than I can.

It was good to get back out again. The bike needed it.

I have to put a new battery in the bike sometime soon, so I should probably do that on one of these last days of winter weather.

I didn't see anyone else out in the area, but there might be a few who are back on two wheels.

Went and transferred the title and got a plate for the shadow and insured both bikes for the year to the tune of $240. Getting the shadow out of storage tomorrow and bringing her home for some maintenance, cleaning and tire change. Looking forward to the first ride of the year.

I went out for about eighty miles today, the first significant ride of the year for me. I was out in the afternoon in Cleveland and thereabouts. The roads are clear and dry, but the air is chilly. I guess it was somewhere near 40, but I was kitted out so it didn't feel all that cold.

I didn't see anyone else out in the area, but there might be a few who are back on two wheels.

Were you in the Streetsboro area today? My wife saw 2 different rides this afternoon on her way home from work. Separate locations, so some were out. Too cold without heated gear for me and too much salt on the roads still. Good day today and tomorrow if you can though.

I'm just stoked to at least feel like the season is here. Riding is about the only thing that keeps me sane (im sure you all feel the same way) and usually about mid February I start going bonkers buying parts, fear, tires, anything just to feel....involved in motorcycles again. Today I shaved my 'till bike season' beard ithat I started growing last November, so now its on motherfuckers.

I'm just stoked to at least feel like the season is here. Riding is about the only thing that keeps me sane (im sure you all feel the same way) and usually about mid February I start going bonkers buying parts, fear, tires, anything just to feel....involved in motorcycles again. Today I shaved my 'till bike season' beard ithat I started growing last November, so now its on motherfuckers.

I know the feeling all too well!

My mom has made the observation that I'm much more grumpy outside of riding season. And she's getting pretty annoyed with my daily "I wish it were Spring"s and "Damn it. Come on warm weather!"s.

Setting up my apartment's garage tomorrow and getting all of my bike's new toys on 'er. Hopefully will be completely ready for spring by the end of the day, minus suspension tuning. Pumped!

Still have my "protest" beard. December 1 was last time I rode and last time I shaved. May try to sneak out for a quicky today as I'm growing tired of the duck dynasty comments. :rolleyes: