Suit sizing question

Saacattack

Now that the season is creeping upon us I'm in need of a better fitting leathers. I sold my cortech latigo two piece suit to Oldschool. It was a size US 40 or in cortech's sizing-Small. It was too big in the chest and a little in the arms. The pants, were just way to big length wise and all all around(my thighs are like 17" I think). I'm stuck on sizing because i'm so damn skinny.

Anyways, I've done some research and took measurement and I think I need a Euro 44 or US 36 maybe 38. Most one piece suits online start at US 46, 48 and ^, which is going to convert to big euro sizes.(and yes, I know sizing varies a little bit from company to company)

I'm 5'6" and weight 115-120. My height it screwing with me because according to that I need a Euro 46 which converts to whatever in US sizing lol.

Does anyone who makes a suit small enough for small guys like me? or maybe a youth suit? I saw Dainese has a youth team suit for like $800 but can't find any info on it.

So my question to you guys and sponsors...am I better of buying another two piece suit to get better sizing? or if possible finding a one piece- if even possible.

I'm also trying to stick around $800-1000 maybe $1100 if I have to.

Last time I was in Cbus and went to IP to get my leathers the help was not that great. The employee didn't really know that much and I've been and seen him there over the years to I was slightly disappointed. Now that I'm in Philly, Revzilla is a couple miles away and I just haven't popped in there yet to have them size me. I'm sure they might have some ideas as well but figured i'd ask you first to get a better idea from personal experience/knowledge.

Any feed back would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by Saacattack

As for myself, I had to have a custom one piece race suit made as I am not an off-the-rack bastard. The quality you'll get is far better than anything you can buy in a store, not to mention having a perfect fit. Yeah, I had to pay a pretty penny for it, but after 12+ years of ownership it's still in great shape. I can't say that about any other piece of gear I've owned.

Kushitani would be perfect for you. I was selling one a while back so am familiar with the sizing.

Have you tried a dainese 38 or 40 at the stores. The 40 was perfect for me height wise but I way 160 and it was a ill tight on me.

I have heard the taichi suits run small, some thing to start Google research, , no personal exp so I will keep quite until the pros have better suggestion

I've heard that and seen that based on reviews but I haven't found anyone that carries. So guess i'll have to dig deeper. No need to be quite, I appreciate your two cents!

I'm like exactly your size. Even in girl leathers I can't find a good fit. I second this leathers question.

I thought about ladies, but I got a ladies jacket on clearance and it worked for the time I had enough money to get a different jacket lol but hopefully this will bring some ideas for you!

As for myself, I had to have a custom one piece race suit made as I am not an off-the-rack bastard. The quality you'll get is far better than anything you can buy in a store, not to mention having a perfect fit. Yeah, I had to pay a pretty penny for it, but after 12+ years of ownership it's still in great shape. I can't say that about any other piece of gear I've owned.

When I went into Revzilla to buy a cover when I moved out here I asked them real quick and they mentioned a custom suit. I haven't ruled it out because I definitely couldn't complain about a perfect fit!

try a 38 in teknic or alpinestars

That's my plan. I have a list of different suits and a couple different pairs of pants and jackets I could use as a two piece. I just haven't seen anything that small in a store yet.

Kushitani would be perfect for you. I was selling one a while back so am familiar with the sizing.

Have you tried a dainese 38 or 40 at the stores. The 40 was perfect for me height wise but I way 160 and it was a ill tight on me.

I've never heard of Kushitani, so i'll look into them and see what I can gather. I think a dainese would fit better than some of the other ones because they are more Euro but I haven't seen a 38 or 40 in the store. Maybe even a Spidi. I was looking online and saw they made them. But of course they were out lol

I am 5'6", but 165 lbs muscular build. I wear 30x30 jeans. I have a Taichi suit. The Japanese sizing seems to work best for me. I am a Medium Wide or Medium 2Wide in the Japanese sizing. I would say that with your weight you would be a Medium Slim or a Small.

http://www.rs-taichi.com/main/menu_sizechart.htm

Is it the one in your avatar??! Bad ass! :D

I got a guy at Arsenal Learherworks that is doing Mesa's stuff and some other AMA guys and he does 100% custom stuff in your price range. Slightly above your top dollar amount if you PM me and I tell you his info. They normally are around $2800-$3000 each.

I got a guy at Arsenal Learherworks that is doing Mesa's stuff and some other AMA guys and he does 100% custom stuff in your price range. Slightly above your top dollar amount if you PM me and I tell you his info. They normally are around $2800-$3000 each.

I will keep this in mind for sure! and shoot you a PM if I decide to go with a custom suit

I just went into revzilla and tried on a couple suits. Holy shit. I can not believe i rode in that big of leathers! Only down side, i need a 44 :( lol a 46 i still had some room in there even with a back protector and around my thighs. guess im getting armoured shorts too! but at least now ill have a suit that fits and of course we cant forget about looking good in one! But im going with the dainese laguna seca suit. Super pumped!

I tried on two dainese ones. the Trickster EVO and the Laguna Seca Pro. Both were size 46. The Trickster was the loosest of the two. Still big in the legs(both thighs and calves), a little in the arms(both forearms and bicep area) and the chest and back. The laguna seca fit snugger but it was still a little big and bunching around my thighs, not as much in my arms but bunching my lower back. she could grab a bunch of leather with my standing. As far as length goes, both of them went down to my ankles so I would get bunching in my boots and gloves like I did in my last suit. but my only concern in the crotch and shoulders. standing the laguna seca pro was a little tighter in the crotch, but i didn't notice it on a bike (they have a bike to sit on so you can see how it feels with suits). So i'm assuming thats ok. It's not like i'm going to cedar point all day in it. I'll be riding in it. As far as the shoulders, they were tight, but I have broad shoulders for my body frame so that was a concern for me. Everybody in the store working agreed that a 44 would fit much better. The arm length would be were it should be, about where the wrist bone is and legs would be better.

I plan on ordering the Laguna Seca Pro in white because it's the only one in a 44.

Edited by Saacattack