Ohiorider invaded Highway 1

NinjaDoc

recently had this one vacation in the last three year. wanted to do something memorable and tick something off the bucket list. And decided this was the best answer. :) This is not a motorcycle ride video. This is just a video trying to capture our two wheeled experience in one of the best riding roads in the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2nmXovV4G4

• Upvote 1

Nice vid doc. - I did a simular vacation a while back. Flew into SF, rented VFRs and north on Hwy1, to Oregon into the redwoods, over to Crystal Lake, back around to Yosemite, Tahoe. Great time.

- I take it you rented the BMW? Where did you pick it up from?

Thank you guys, after working 100+ hours weekly for three years we thought to make it sqander away a bit :D But worth every penny.

Nice vid doc. - I did a simular vacation a while back. Flew into SF, rented VFRs and north on Hwy1, to Oregon into the redwoods, over to Crystal Lake, back around to Yosemite, Tahoe. Great time.

- I take it you rented the BMW? Where did you pick it up from?

if not for the mrs i would have rented a viffer, she had a good time with no problems doing hours on as this was dedicated sport tourer. Got it from http://www.californiamotorcycleadventures.com/ good people, fair price compared to others. If i ever get to do it again i am gonna go all the way to oregon like u said.

very nice

thank you :)

Great vid Doc! I think you just made a lot of us very jealous and also very happy for you in a single 3 minute video.

One day I'll make it out there...

thx ryan, i had made this video while it was still snowing here, waited till it was warm here to post so people can just go out and ride :D

I hope one day every one here should get a chance to do this, worth the effort to cancel and clump few small vaccations together to go there and do it for 6-7 days together.

But lemme tell you this, just pure riding basis, we aint missing much in ohio (except the weather) the fun to be had from the roads is pretty much the same. the only winner would be hwy one with the scenic beauty of ocean.

Few things i learned was, RT is an awesome bike, low lying boxer engine is an awesome balanced machine, Torque is so much fun, and great suspension is a MUST MUSt MUST for the best of handling. One flip of switch to sport mode suspension on the RT and the entire bike felt like a different sporty beast. No other parameters changed, not the weight, not the rider, just the suspension and i was riding 2X better.

Anyways hopefully someday OR gets to invade hwy 1 together, now that would really be an EPIC ride.

thx ryan, i had made this video while it was still snowing here, waited till it was warm here to post so people can just go out and ride :D

I hope one day every one here should get a chance to do this, worth the effort to cancel and clump few small vaccations together to go there and do it for 6-7 days together.

But lemme tell you this, just pure riding basis, we aint missing much in ohio (except the weather) the fun to be had from the roads is pretty much the same. the only winner would be hwy one with the scenic beauty of ocean.

lol post that while it is snowing here and people would have murdered you

I was extremely close to taking a similar ride late last year. I was supposed to go to LA for work and I was going to have some free time while I was out there. Planned to rent a bike and make a loop to the North over 2 days. Unfortunately, the work trip got canceled last minute and so did my epic ride plans :mad: Like you said, I was planning it mainly for the view and to get away to enjoy the road for a couple days.

Great video as usual Doc. Glad you had a good time. Im sure you needed the break.
Very nicely done.
Awesome video as usual, great work doc. I would love to do this one day.
Looks like fun!

Sent from my iPhone

Thank you very much guys

Awesome video, Nivin. Looks like a great time.

If I could talk my wife into it (probably not that difficult), I'd definitely be up for an OR West Coast riding vacation.

wow doc, great vid.

ifat all possible, maybe, hopefully, ... in 2014 march last week. (warm enuff to ride still have california "winter" discounts on most rentals and stay :D )

another ridiculously awesome video and makes me need to add this to my vacation wish list. I know the girlfriend would love to do something like this too

We definitely gotta get you on a GAP trip asap

I just drove the Hwy 1 north of SLO to Big Sur 3 weeks ago and while the road has some high points (awesome hairpins), much of it was chip sealed and unpleasant, roadwise. The views are top rate however.

For what it's worth, I'm glad I was in a car and not on my bike. 1) For the distraction of the view and 2) It was windy. Windy enough to make riding very frustrating. I don't know if it's always like that but I was thankful I wasn't even in a convertible that day.

I also saw very few bikes; 6 total I think. Maybe just a coincidence (however it was a Sunday, so lots of cars) but one local told me they all go inland to ride hard. Less traffic and even fewer cops that way.

Edited by wantahertzdonut

Nice video doc!I'm typing this from Blyth CA on the AZ border.I've been traveling across country the last week and should be up on that section of highway 1 early next week.

Hitting the 74,"The Palms to Pines Highway" today,then up north to check off 36 and 3.

Love California riding!

another ridiculously awesome video and makes me need to add this to my vacation wish list. I know the girlfriend would love to do something like this too

We definitely gotta get you on a GAP trip asap

Thx brian, i really wanted to make it this year, but unfortunately the timing was wrong. Heading down in may and hopefully can make a documentary like video which i have in mind.

Very nice Nivin. The hand held telescoping camera mount was great.

thx jschaf,

One of my bucket list places to ride. Glad you guys had a good time and went well.

hopefully we will have a group ride there some time jerry

Edited by NinjaDoc

I just drove the Hwy 1 north of SLO to Big Sur 3 weeks ago and while the road has some high points (awesome hairpins), much of it was chip sealed and unpleasant, roadwise. The views are top rate however.

For what it's worth, I'm glad I was in a car and not on my bike. 1) For the distraction of the view and 2) It was windy. Windy enough to make riding very frustrating. I don't know if it's always like that but I was thankful I wasn't even in a convertible that day.

I also saw very few bikes; 6 total I think. Maybe just a coincidence (however it was a Sunday, so lots of cars) but one local told me they all go inland to ride hard. Less traffic and even fewer cops that way.

the roads are very nice at many long sections, specially as it comes north. Wind wasnt very bad (may be because of heavier bike) it was nice to cruise, but definitely not good enough to have spirited ride with the traffic and ete catching views.

Nice video doc!I'm typing this from Blyth CA on the AZ border.I've been traveling across country the last week and should be up on that section of highway 1 early next week.

Hitting the 74,"The Palms to Pines Highway" today,then up north to check off 36 and 3.

Love California riding!

man Denny, you have an outstanding riding resume. and you keep it building up. Have a great time there. If you keep going north from santacruz dont forget to hit 9 and then 35 skyline blvd, good ride.

the roads are very nice at many long sections, specially as it comes north. Wind wasnt very bad (may be because of heavier bike) it was nice to cruise, but definitely not good enough to have spirited ride with the traffic and ete catching views.

I've rode a lot of bikes of varying sizes and based on that, I don't want to be on a heavy bike in wind. A Softail Classic gets pushed as much in a crosswind as a VTR250, but it's much easier to correct a 300lb bike than an 750lb bike. Same as I'd rather correct my 92 Camry vs the 40' Blue Bird bus I drove on Rt. 2 from Toledo to Cedar Point when I drove UT buses.

I guess I'm just trying to say crosswinds suck. No matter what you ride.

I rode pretty much the entire distance of highway 1 on a road trip out west back BK(before kids). Imagine leaving Monterey heading south on a late Sunday afternoon after the WSB races. This was shortly after some storm had tore up the coast line and multiple bridges were restricted to one way at a time traffic. At each one, all the bikes cut to the front of the line and when it went green, it was like the start of a race. It was a freaking madhouse. Damn, that was fun.

man Denny, you have an outstanding riding resume. and you keep it building up. Have a great time there. If you keep going north from santacruz dont forget to hit 9 and then 35 skyline blvd, good ride.

I took 84 in from the coast yesterday...one really twisty forest road!I'm heading up 35 tomorrow morning on my way to the Golden Gate and North.I'll look at the map to see if I can fit 9 in.

On my way out here I went down to AZ to ride the Coranado Trail (AZ191 between Alpine and Morenci).That is one AMAZING road!!!91 miles of very twisty nirvana.I'll post some pics when I get a chace to down load them from camera...didn't bring my computer.