Novice Track Gear Selection

ludwb675

I'm picking up a HF trailer this weekend.

Ordering all my gear next week.

Ordered some pitbull stands and trailer mount yesterday.

And changed all the passwords to our bank accounts so my wife can't see what i've spent.

Don't know if you noticed, the trailer is on sale on their website right now for $269, should be able to take the coupon in to a store. Also, use some degreaser and clean the crap out of the wheel bearings and re-grease them with some high temp wheel bearing grease.

Damnit, now I need to go to harbor freight since I looked at their website.

Just brought the trailer home. It was 289 in the store and i used a 20% coupon to get it down to 231. Bought a spare tire too. $301 out the door. Going to put it together tomorrow. Still need to get some bearing grease though.

Update: I finished building the trailer Saturday. Pic below of mostly together, just missing the lights and ball mount.

Today I installed the hitch on the xB and the hitch wiring. I also got half the trailer wired up. Hoping to finish it on Tuesday and make it to Home Depot Wed to get the decking and make some ramps.

IQAPX

Cool glad to hear you'll be out. Get there early Saturday and stop over with your bike. I can help you make a couple quick suspension changes on your bike that will make it a lot more stable mid-corner.

I got used to the "twitchiness" of my 07 and kind of learned to ride around it, but when I finally made the changes it was a huge help.

Also if you find yourself needing any tools specific to the 675, I should have pretty much anything you'd need there with me. Don't worry about all of that stuff for your first time. Just focus on bringing you, the bike, your gear, and plenty of fluids. Oh, and don't forget the keys!

Bring at least a gallon of water. You'll need it. I bring a gallon plus half a gallon of Gatorade (buy the powder, make it in a pitcher, it costs nothing that way). A beer for the end of the day is nice too.

And you won't be the only toaster there. I've seen at least 2 in the past.;)