talk me into (or out of) a hayabusa

John

im interested in something that i could do some longer distance riding and some two up riding too. not trying to go coast to coast or anything, but would like to get away for some long weekend sport touring etc. maybe take a few days off and ride the BRP, or just hit the road on friday AM with no real destination... not going to do two up all the time, but would be nice. how is the busa for passenger comfort? it's gotta be better than my cbr lol

im not trying to stretch and slam it with a 300 series tire or anything, and im not really looking for a goldwing or harley bagger either.

opinions? comments? concerns? why should i buy a busa over a zx14 (or other bike)? why should i buy a zx14 over a busa? why SHOULDNT i buy a busa?

hayabusa.jpg

I believe in getting what YOU want, its your money and you are the one that is going to be riding it. A lot of people have all sorts of opinions but that doesnt mean what they think fits best for you. on a side note madcatt is prett fugly looking!

I've seen a few busa's sport toured out and no complaints from the riders at all. I honestly think you would be fine going busa or zx14 route but I personally find the zx14 marginally more aesthetically pleasing

Get a VFR, Multi, etc. I just think Busa's are Fugly. But that's just me, a lot of people probably think I am ugly too.

i do like the VFR's especially the RWB 25th anniv. editions, and you can't beat that V4 sound either...

2007VFRRWB-whitewheels.jpg

any opinions out there OTHER than aesthetics? lol

i do like the VFR's especially the RWB 25th anniv. editions, and you can't beat that V4 sound either...

Amen to both!

Get some risers for the bars if you're serious about the sport-touring part. 2-up would be better than your CBR, but not a whole lot.

They are big, heavy, and relatively comfortable coming from a sportbike.

2007VFRRWB-whitewheels.jpg

any opinions out there OTHER than aesthetics? lol

On a side note, I think there's one of these for sale at Ohio Motorcycle off 271. (Southeast of Cleveland)

I don't think a Busa or any sportbike is going to be very comfortable for your passenger, but that's a plus. You don't really like having the bitch back there do you?

Go with the vfr John

why? also on a side note, whats up man? long time no see dude! i sent you a message on fb a while back. hit me up some time :)

On a side note, I think there's one of these for sale at Ohio Motorcycle off 271. (Southeast of Cleveland)

I don't think a Busa or any sportbike is going to be very comfortable for your passenger, but that's a plus. You don't really like having the bitch back there do you?

im gonna get a shirt that says IF YOU CAN READ THIS THE BITCH FELL OFF lol

but yeah idk i sorta do like riding 2 up and sort of dont. i like travelling with my girl, we have lots of fun, but she is not super thrilled about riding with me. i think most of it is bc im on a cbr now, and thats not comfortable for any amount of time... the way im looking at it, the busa would be more comfortable for 2 up than the cbr, but not as comfortable as like a goldwing or something lol.

id say that 80% of the time, its only me anyway.

i need to go out and start riding some of these to see how comfortable they are :) anyone wanna let me ride their VFR and/or busa for a few miles? ;)

yeah the power is definitely a draw for me too... i mean honestly im not the kind of rider who will be doing 175 on the regular, but its nice to have the power lol.

i could see myself taking it to a test and tune night at a drag strip too, just for funsies.

Never ridden a 'busa, but I'd like to. Anyway, I've two upped on my VFR several times last year and didn't have any complaints. But I also have a nice aftermarket Sergeant seat that fits a woman passenger pretty comfortably.

Don't forget the FJR option. Just as competent a two-up sport tourer with hard luggage as the C14, but you take off the bags and it becomes almost the Superman of sport tour bikes in the twisties.

why? also on a side note, whats up man? long time no see dude! i sent you a message on fb a while back. hit me up some time :)

Sorry John I don't use fb anymore. I have been a nerd lately playing mmorpg's and watching game of thrones.

I said that motorcycle because it is one I would buy and I am not into the busa at all. I'm going on the group ride tomorrow.

I like the zx14 for touring better than the hayabusa. The also have the concourse which is very much like the zx 14. And I could be wrong but I think that the concourse bags and aftermarket seats might even fit the zx14. Gives you much more options on baggage for touring.

John, if you wanna head out to pataskala sometime soon and swap bikes, we can go for a short ride.. My vfr is sprung a little heavy though, but it handles great.. My gf has no complaints, she loves riding it with me

Nowhere near the power of a busa... But I followed one through hocking (with my gf on the back no less) and couldn't even get a good rhythm going because I kept running up on its ass.. Haven't ridden one to compare, but I'll go out on a limb and say handling goes to the vfr by a lot over the busa

Edited by Steve Butters