Less than a month! MotoSeries Round 1, Nelson Ledges May 3-5

TRMN8TR

We're here and setup across from the bathrooms currently. Johns new truck in front. There are a TON of people here already with most of the interior, pit-in and pit-out spots taken. Pretty sure this is the most ppl I've ever seen at Nelson's.

Great news to hear, hoping to see some full grids on Sunday for the races. We just finished the bikes and packing up the trailer a few minutes ago. Time to hopefully get some sleep now.

On another note I never had time to get propane for the grill, and I forgot to have Jinu help load it up while he was here. There's no way I'm getting that big bitch in my truck by myself. So hopefully someone reading this in the morning can grab a grill and save the day?

It was good to see you too, Rob! Last night was a great deal. I see more Friday's in my future, I think. I need to figure out my suspension at Nelson though. I know I left quite a few seconds out there on the track due to lack of confidence and getting my molars rattled. Maybe I just need to divert some funds into that portion of the bike finally.

Turn 4 is easy compared to the carousel! I saw you with Jinu on and off while I was in race school. To bad my evening ended early with some new problems that came out of no where. Morning was great though. Glad for that at least.

I got the race school monkey off my back! Passed the school easily. :D

And to Craig, you suck! Most everyone meet my wife, so. :thefinger:

had a blast out there today--loved the track.. The bumps just make it all the more challenging and fun mentally! signed up for the 750gt and 2nd 600 sprint -- #613 on the gsxr 600--orange helmet--looking forward to meeting more of yall

had a blast out there today--loved the track.. The bumps just make it all the more challenging and fun mentally! signed up for the 750gt and 2nd 600 sprint -- #613 on the gsxr 600--orange helmet--looking forward to meeting more of yall

I will be racing with you in the 750GT.

Had a great time friday and yesterday! Really wanted to get to the races today but I got news that my uncle just passed away late yesterday and have to head to SC tomorrow. Hope everything is going well at the track and the patches are holding up. Enjoy the weather guys! Looking forward to gridding up for an upcoming race.

Here is the raw gopro footage from the last session of intermediate/race school...still haven't reinstalled my editing software since the computer took a dump. Sorry the video is just of my ass, but back and forth to race school kept me busy enough I didn't get a chance to use the two cameras.

Any tips for launching off the line? At the beginning of the video I practiced a launch since our mock starts were canceled. Never tried it before except the start of the previous session. I had both feet down; think one foot down and the other on the peg would be a bit more stable on take off. I also think I let the clutch grab too much and the revs dropped too far. Anyway, any tips would be appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEU53W8o9T4

I had a great time today. Turn 4 is a bitch though. I can't figure that damn thing out. Came in too hot several times.

Did you get a chance to spectate bikes going around turn 4 and see the banking to the turn? It is easy to trick yourself into thinking you are too hot when really you are about right or even slow.

Thanks to Cox also. Poor guy hobbled all fucking over today turning wrenches on suspension.

:bow::bow:

Sorry to hear about your Uncle !

Have s safe trip and Prayers for your family !

Thank you Jeff

Any tips for launching off the line? At the beginning of the video I practiced a launch since our mock starts were canceled. Never tried it before except the start of the previous session. I had both feet down; think one foot down and the other on the peg would be a bit more stable on take off. I also think I let the clutch grab too much and the revs dropped too far. Anyway, any tips would be appreciated.

it just takes practice.

As for which foot up, there are pros and cons to both.

for max safety, keeping your right foot up would allow you to drag the rear brake if you really loft the front wheel too high.

If you keep the left foot up, you're ready to grab 2nd gear whenever you want.

You did what the car guys would call a "bog-n-go" launch. That's sometimes preferable in high-powered cars, to avoid wheel spin. For bikes, it's less effective, but it does save your clutch.

That's actually how Josh Hayes retired from race 1 at Daytona this year. He said he slipped the clutch longer than he normally would, because he saw Cardenes pulling up along side him. If he'd dumped the clutch and bogged it a bit, he would have saved the clutch, and not retired with mechanical failure.

great weather, great people, and fun times on track.

congrats to all the novice class and race school grads. you guys rode great, and can't wait for the next one.

got to meet a few new people and generally had a good time.

also, nobody tell hollywood about the racing results other than expert class.

great weather, great people, and fun times on track.

congrats to all the novice class and race school grads. you guys rode great, and can't wait for the next one.

got to meet a few new people and generally had a good time.

also, nobody tell hollywood about the racing results other than expert class.

Fuuuuck you.

Fuuuuck you.

loooove youuuu

What kind of condition was the track in?

patches of the track were pretty crappy on sat (one of them was a wall of cones on the back straight taking up half the track approaching the kink) but they fixed them at the end of the day on sat and it seemed better. i also heard someone let loose some oil on the track and got black flagged. not aware of details on that.