4-27-13 Coshocton ride.

Hutch

I made it home fellas. About halfway down 79 the bike started running fine again. So I don't know what it was, but I'm not convinced it won't happen again. So, I need to call Iron Pony and flip out on them.....or maybe just replace the plugs.

I don't know.

They cleaned and synced the carbs. They said the screw that adjusts the low end of the throttle was locked up. They said I could let them try to drill it out, but that might require new carbs if it doesn't work. I said leave it and just do the best they could to sync it as is. So when I picked it up from them they said they opened one carb more to compensate for the other one (whatever that means....maybe one of you guys can tell me). So today during rapid deceleration into a corner and then full acceleration out of it it sounded like I lost a cylinder and had a ton of power loss. It literally sounded and felt like I was on three cylinders.

On the way home it started running right again. Anyway have any idea what that might be? I'm gonna post this in the maintenance forums.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great ride today...everything was all good except one incident BUT i fixed it..installed my factory windscreen again til i get another one...fixed the headlight...happy again...took everything apart as soon as i got home..didnt even change my clothes...lol thanks everything for a great ride and nice meeting everyone...