Alright lets see where this thread goes

Gunner75

Conform citizen, we can help you..

0100555076802.jpg?01AD=3Ue_seRUc6FYeIzz6fbkuze4B3g2kI9i1Y6oBbPKVRcZ365FC1mHFeQ&01RI=295A9C8BF1F8D7E&01NA=

Years ago a figiting child in class would get a ruler across the knuckles.

Behavior problem solved.

Today they get a script.

Behavior problem solved.

Kids on drugs, legal ones, are becoming the norm. Are we over proscribing?

New diagnosable "illnesses" are being found every day from eating disorders to attention deficit disorder.

Most are diagnosed in schools with what are arguably the worst teachers in the history of this country.

Their classes are thinly disguised propaganda. More children leave school functionally illiterate than ever before.

They are totally unprepared for life in the real world. They act up in class? Really? I'm shocked I tell you, shocked!

/rant

Exactly most of these doctors now are legal drug pushers. I used work juvenile detention and kids would come in on all kinds meds for adhd and whatever else the parents and schools could dream up so they didn't have to deal with a typical hyper child and they were like zombies. The first thing our resident doc would do was get them off all meds that were not essential for them to live and amazingly they didn't flip out or anything of the sort they also didn't want to sleep 22hrs a day. It is easier now a days for the school to say your child has adhd put them on meds than it is for the teachers, parents and staff to have to deal with typical children.

Ahh yes, the "good ol days"

Used to be if someone had an illness you just applied some leeches, sickness cured....

its funny because these same meds you say are helping, have been found to be taken by the recent spree gun killers. So seems a bit hypocritical to blame the gun and not the meds too

its funny because these same meds you say are helping, have been found to be taken by the recent spree gun killers. So seems a bit hypocritical to blame the gun and not the meds too

I didn't blame the guns, I just called them what they are: weapons, designed to quickly and efficiently mortally wound and/or kill anyone or anything at the business end of them.

How various meds affected the shooters state of mind, I don't know.

Please elaborate. I'll get the popcorn.

For those interested, bipolar disorder is defined and classified by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, which through its inclusion says that the APA defines it as a mental disorder. (illness is commonly substituted for disorder around the world).

While it is true that bipolar is currently classified under mood(not emotional) disorders, all fall under the hierarchy of mental disorder(or illness). Also notable is the fact that in the new DSM-V being released this year, bipolar will get its own chapter and the hierarchy of it being classified under the subheading "mood disorder" is going away. "Additionally, criteria for bipolar disorder will now include an emphasis on changes in activity and energy—not just mood—to reflect findings from recent research.(APA news update on DSM-V, Feb 2013)"

Don't bring facts to a fight with Magz. They're worthless.
  • Upvote 1

Hell a diabetic isn't allowed to drive unless they have paperwork filled out by their doctor. Why? Because if they have an attack they can't control their vehicle and could potentially kill people.

I believe people above 70 years of age should have to have their skills tested each time they renew their drivers license.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Never heard that about diabetics. My mom has diabetes, and she's never had any kind of restrictions on her driving. She's never had an episode either.

This applies to CDL Drivers, not regular drivers

All drivers.

http://publicsafety.ohio.gov/links/hsy7607.pdf

page 9.

Who Cannot Obtain a Driver License

Under Ohio law, no driver license or TIPIC may be issued to any person who:

1.In the opinion of the Registrar of Motor Vehicles is suffering from a physical or mental disability or disease which prevents the person from exercising reasonable and ordinary control over a motor vehicle on the highways. (For full details of this provision, see Restricted License below.)

2.Is unable to understand traffic signs and directions in the English language.

3.Is an alcoholic or is addicted to the use of drugs or controlled substances to the extent that such use impairs a person’s ability to operate a motor vehicle.

4.Has been judged mentally ill or incompetent and has not been restored to competency by a judicial decree.

5.Is or has been subject to any condition (such as epilepsy) resulting in episodic impairment of consciousness or loss of muscular control unless a qualified physician certifies that such condition is under control of medication or remission. (For full details of this provision, see Restricted

License below.)

6.Is under suspension or revocation from Ohio or another jurisdiction

7.Is not a citizen of the United States (due to Legal Presence Law without

legal documentation.)

CDL drivers are required to get physicals yearly, regular drivers are not so in a sense only applies to CDL because its not going to really come up on a regular licenseif you dont tell them

You could always lie and say you don't have a condition of episodic impairment, sure. Dunno how that would affect insurance coverage or if you could be charged with falsification, though. My guess is if you wreck (probably because of an impairment episode) then you are not going to enjoy the new few months of legal proceedings.

As the law is written you are required to volunteer that information and have a doctor's note to prove that the condition is under control.

Cdl licenses are governed by the federal government not the state. My father has been a otr driver for 25yrs and the physicals he Takes are mandated by the DOT. And fir diabetes related questions on licensing I refer you to here

http://m.diabetes.org/living-with-diabetes/know-your-rights/discrimination/drivers-licenses/driver-license-laws-by-state-display.html?state=OH

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I have a friend of a friend who is bipolar, says its under control with drugs, also states his doctor says he is allowed to own firearms including pistols and would be willing to sign off on a form saying he is good to go for one.

My issue is, being bipolar has some serious complications and Im not sure I would want someone who is bipolar who has to be on medications to control it to own a firearm. Whats the general consensus here?

Why should the gruberment be able to say he can have a gun? It infringes on his second amendment right to say he can not own a firearm, Why would he not be allowed to own a firearm? It's his right to own one under the second amendment.