Got me a new lid

chevysoldier

Picked this up at Iron Pony yesterday. Went in for a bike cover, walked out with a cover, helmet and free t-shirt of course. Flat black to match the bike. Modular with single button release, flip down sun visor and quick release strap. I like it quite a bit. The sun visor is push button for open or close. Seems a lot better than the slides on top of other helmets. I'll never go back to the D rings on the strap after having the quick release on my last helmet. Makes it tons easier to strap. $200.

http://www.ssgear.com/mobi/catalog/item.cfm?ItemsID=8abd338e-aa7c-4c3d-a773-5fc5e2361ed5

LNL_Gr_Ft_flip.jpg

LNL_Bk_Ft.jpg

Edited by chevysoldier

I bought one of those quick release kits that turn (most) any helmet strap into a quick release. Best $5 or so I've spent!

I love my integrated sunshield on my HJC, and the slide isn't such a big deal. The only problem I have with it is that once in a while the release button will get cocked sideways causing it to not lock in the down position. Not a big deal, just a quick tap on the release button again and all is good. Or just make sure that I hit it squarely in the first place!

I have gotten to use it a bit so here's a quick review. I love the slide down sun visor. Not having to wear sunglasses it wonderful. Sucks if you forget them and you can instantly change it on the go if the sun pops out. The visor is smooth although opening it to the first click is more than I really want. I'd like it to open just a bit for ventilation but it allows quite a bit of air in at speed. It's got pretty good vents on it. Only thing I don't like is its noisier than expected. It's not extremely bad but not any better than my Nolan modular. It actually seems louder on the left side and if I cover it, the noise matches the level on the right side. Weird.

, pretty happy with it.

Nice. I regret buying my bell vortex. Its light, comfy and vents great but is the loudest fucking crash-hat I've ever owned.

It IS loud isn't it.... Shit my ears are ringing right now...

Sent from my iPhone.

I like the looks of your helmet. Sharp! I have the Nolan N90S and love it. Its comfortable, quiet, modular, has the quick release, the flip sun visor and a place for an intercom or blootooth. I liked it so much that I purchased one for my girlfriend as well. Only problem is that I had it sitting on the seat of the CBR RR and it vibrated off this evening. Hit the driveway too. Looks okay but after any drop, another is in order. I want a certain Arai but I don't know if I can give up the modular. The Nolan is by far the best helmet I have owned to date.

Who sells Schuberth? Anyone locally?

The Schuberth people were doing demos at Iron Pony during the Victory event. They said Iron Pony has the largest "on hand" selection of Schuberths in the US.