Another evil person shoots a little girl.

magley64

Are you honestly comparing a gun to a table saw? You think he would have turned on a table saw, cranked the blade up then picked up his sister and slid her across the blade? Do they market table saws to children? (other than the Fisher price plastic ones?)

Yes kids drown in pools and buckets, but they don't violently and accidentally blow big holes in their siblings with them. Also if you hear the splash in time, you can perform cpr. What can you do if your child has a hole where their heart should be?

You obviously do not have children.

Whoah. Mag hate. I got his point without getting mad... What is up everyone's panties lately?

All he meant was that the media wil take the parenting problem and turn it into a gun problem.

I just came here to point out that I'm probably very very distantly related to the mom, mrs sparks. And I am glad to not be having any kids.

Whoah. Mag hate. I got his point without getting mad... What is up everyone's panties lately?

All he meant was that the media wil take the parenting problem and turn it into a gun problem.

I just came here to point out that I'm probably very very distantly related to the mom, mrs sparks. And I am glad to not be having any kids.

No mags started this to say guns are icky and are evil.

Yes kids drown in pools and buckets, but they don't violently and accidentally blow big holes in their siblings with them. Also if you hear the splash in time, you can perform cpr. What can you do if your child has a hole where their heart should be?

This part proves you are such an idiot, there is no point in trying to have a reasonable debate of the issue with you since you can't even see the real issue due to your blind hated and fear of guns.

This part proves you are such an idiot, there is no point in trying to have a reasonable debate of the issue with you since you can't even see the real issue due to your blind hated and fear of guns.

He's not afraid of guns. His elbows are an adequate defense agaisnt them.

Thats been proven to be false, all the guns that were ever acused of it had their triggers modified beyond tolerances and/or was not properly maintained(rusty, debris, ect). On top of that it was done when the bolt was closed or safety flipped off, not on its own.

Thats been proven to be false, all the guns that were ever acused of it had their triggers modified beyond tolerances and/or was not properly maintained(rusty, debris, ect). On top of that it was done when the bolt was closed or safety flipped off, not on its own.

Don't go bringing logic and facts into Magley's thread!

I believe the point is guns don't just magically go off and kill people. why is everyone so careful with them if they're so "safe"? because they're not and you guys live in a state of denial. like the guy's who think a 3 way with 2 dudes doesn't make them bi-sexual.

Edited by serpentracer

I believe the point is guns don't just magically go off and kill people. why is everyone so careful with them if they're so "safe"? because they're not and you guys live in a state of denial. like the guy's who think a 3 way with 2 dudes doesn't make them bi-sexual.

Its only gay when the tips touch

My XDs must be broken then. Because I had it with me on the epic ride in my holster loaded magazine round chambered and it never shot anyone. Oh wait that's right its perfectly safe until a finger depresses the trigger

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I have several loaded guns in my house. I carry 2 loaded guns at work daily never has one gone off when I didn't want it to. They will not go off without pressing the trigger with something unless being extremely old or modified and even then it takes extreme circumstances to make them fire. Please show me where a gun has went off without a human causing it to. The Remington 700 triggers were modified to the point where they would drop the hammer modifications done by people. There for the guns were caused to fire by people. It's the same as boring an engine out until the sidewalls are paper thin then saying that whoever manufactured that engine makes crap that will blow.

I have several loaded guns in my house. I carry 2 loaded guns at work daily never has one gone off when I didn't want it to. They will not go off without pressing the trigger with something unless being extremely old or modified and even then it takes extreme circumstances to make them fire. Please show me where a gun has went off without a human causing it to. The Remington 700 triggers were modified to the point where they would drop the hammer modifications done by people. There for the guns were caused to fire by people. It's the same as boring an engine out until the sidewalls are paper thin then saying that whoever manufactured that engine makes crap that will blow.

Oh great. Another comparison for obvious troll to dispell and laugh at!

I think we can all agree the parents are the issue in this case. who the hell gives a 5 year old a gun in the first place? I wouldn't even let a 5 year old have a airsoft gun.

The parents are to blame but not for giving the kid a gun but for giving the kid a gun as a toy.

Are you honestly comparing a gun to a table saw? You think he would have turned on a table saw, cranked the blade up then picked up his sister and slid her across the blade? Do they market table saws to children? (other than the Fisher price plastic ones?)

So you wouldn't leave a child with a table saw in the room because they or another could get hurt right? The same with a gun. The table saw would not chase a child down and attack it a gun wouldn't either. The point is neither should be left with a child.

But hell I'll go with your situation above. It is possible if a table was sitting in the room with children and the 5yr old got in a fight with his sister or was just playing rough he could shove her onto the saw accidentally. There are several places that she could land and be cut causing her to bleed out in less than minutes.

This was much like an unrestrained child being left in a car, with the motor running,

and the child puts it in gear and backs over his little sister.

Do we then have a problem with the possession of a car? I would say we have a

problem with the supervision of the child.

For every incident involving a gun, lets not punish those who did not do it by taking

everyone's guns.

This was much like an unrestrained child being left in a car, with the motor running,

and the child puts it in gear and backs over his little sister.

Do we then have a problem with the possession of a car? I would say we have a

problem with the supervision of the child.

For every incident involving a gun, lets not punish those who did not do it by taking

everyone's guns.

O know someone that something similar happened to. Their car was not running, but was somehow knocked out of gear by one child, the car ran over the other. They will never be the same, parents or the child the knocked the car out of gear.

Fires dangerous but we still have it; same thing applys to cars, alcohol, MOTORCYCLES, steak knives, pressure cookers, gasoline, ect. Gasoline is a big one, have you seen some of the idiots that pump gas???

I believe the point is that we dont pretend that they are safe, we just teach safe ways of operating them like dont point the gun at others(unless its defense(limitations)), keep the muzzle in a safe direction, assume every gun is loaded, keep the finger off the trigger unless shooting, ect. Almost every gun owner is taught these values regardless if its from a relative, a friend, gun classes, military, ect.

Most of the people that arnt taught the values are often people who dont get guns. The people who dont get taught values and still are negligent to buy a gun without any experience are often the people who end up in a news story like this one.

So it's bad to reference a tragic death to point out that tools designed for causing death are dangerous?

So the only time we can reference guns is in a positive light? Noted...

Guns aren't designed to kill people, they are designed to protect people...big difference. They are also designed for hunting, which provides food for people. Not to mention the whole competitive sport shooting scene. It is a multi-purpose tool that in the wrong hands or in the hands of someone with the wrong training has the potential to be harmful. Nuclear/biological/chemical weapons, on the other hand, were designed for the sole purpose of killing on a large scale...these are the weapons that should be banned and targeted by lawmakers/law enforcement. Crazy people don't need guns to kill a large amount of people, just look at the Boston, Oklahoma City, and WTC attacks (any of them). Besides, if a criminal wants to get a gun, they are more than likely not going to go through legal channels...thus, the majority of gun laws tend to only affect law abiding gun owners.

Guns are not designed to protect people. They are designed to, with a controlled explosion, shoot hot lead fragments out at high velocity. Pure and simple. It's just that people choose to cower behind them that gives the illusion that they are designed for protection.