Another evil person shoots a little girl.

magley64

Please explain trap and skeet shooting? A sport created so that people could shoot at clay birds and not have to use real birds. Guys spend more money on a gun that they will exclusively shoot at clay targets than some people spend on a house. Yet a lot of the trap and skeet guys never have shot a living thing in their life.

Are there exceptions? Of course. Some people who shoot guns never intend to kill anyone or anything. Some people who buy ferrari's never intend to go faster than 55 mph, some people who buy hummers never take them off of paved and groomed roads, some people who buy snowmobiles never ride them in temperatuers below 60 degrees....

These rare and unusual instances don't negate the fact that ferraris are designed to go fast, hummers are designed to go offroad, and snowmobiles are designed and built for traveling on frozen water... and most of the people purchasing them do intend to use them for their designed purpose.

So should we ban knives? they are designed to kill, when we cut steak with them its just practicing for when we use them on people :dunno:

No, most knives are NOT designed to kill, most knives are designed as "tools"... there are a few exceptions, some knives are designed as "weapons".

A tool's primary use is as a tool, some tools can be used as weapons, but generally when used, are used as tools. Weapons are designed as weapons, some can be used as tools (even though there is a tool already designed for such a purpose that work better than the weapon), but generally when used are used as weapons.

Edited by magley64

Are there exceptions? Of course. Some people who shoot guns never intend to kill anyone or anything. Some people who buy ferrari's never intend to go faster than 55 mph, some people who buy hummers never take them off of paved and groomed roads, some people who buy snowmobiles never ride them in temperatuers below 60 degrees....

These rare and unusual instances don't negate the fact that ferraris are designed to go fast, hummers are designed to go offroad, and snowmobiles are designed and built for traveling on frozen water... and most of the people purchasing them do intend to use them for their designed purpose.

Every post you make further reinforces your ignorance.

• Upvote 2

Translation: the world is big and scary, and everyone is out to kill me, that's why...

Sorry you feel that way. Sorry your world is so perilous, mine isn't... maybe you need to live somewhere safer?

Also, what are you doing to these people that makes them want to kill you so badly?

Apparently you really have no reading comprehension skills. If you take your time a read the whole post you will be able to figure out what I'm doing to these people.

No, most knives are NOT designed to kill, most knives are designed as "tools"... there are a few exceptions, some knives are designed as "weapons".

A tool's primary use is as a tool, some tools can be used as weapons, but generally when used, are used as tools. Weapons are designed as weapons, some can be used as tools (even though there is a tool already designed for such a purpose that work better than the weapon), but generally when used are used as weapons.

Guns are tools that I have used several times without firing a round. If guns kill please explain to me how there hasn't been a gun that has killed someone without a person causing it to?

Translation: the world is big and scary, and everyone is out to kill me, that's why...

Sorry you feel that way. Sorry your world is so perilous, mine isn't... maybe you need to live somewhere safer?

Also, what are you doing to these people that makes them want to kill you so badly?

It is apparent by this post that you are either delusional or have realized that your argument has failed. You have resorted to changing what I have said then arguing with yourself about it. Along with ignore most of the arguments that have been posted that counter yours.You have failed now grow a pair and stop being so afraid of a tool.

I have nothing smart to add so all I wanna say is:

Magz, quit your incessant moronic trolling. I think I know you're not this much of a douchebag off the internet so just knock it off. If you can't seem to understand logic and reason well then may Allah have mercy on your soul

• Upvote 1

What are you doing at a range? Honing your skills, practicing so you can be more deadly accurate with your weapon of choice.

Honing skills, to minimize the chance of that stray bullet hitting YOU when a bad guy causes a problem.

I know that you must have not been around much violence in your life, and honestly I haven't either. The difference is that I KNOW that evil lurks about out in the real world in which I live my day to day life. With the economy being bad, unemployment being high, drug abuse being so high, the chances are greater by the minute that each of us will encounter someone wanting to rob us, or a business that we may be patronizing.

Whether you want to believe it or not, there are people out there (that almost certainly acquired a firearm illegally) that will kill you just for a few dollars to get their next fix of meth, or whatever their drug of choice is. My wife works in a pharmacy and hears about all the pharmacies around our area getting robbed for what they sell by prescription. It scares me to death thinking about how likely it is that it could happen where she works. It's also no secret that drug abuse is pretty high in our area. She is now considering taking the class and learning more about firearms so that she can also protect herself in such an event.

Your guns are out of control but you just haven't realized it yet. They are made for killing, and nothing other than to kill......maybe your guns are magical?

I'd like to see some stats on the number of guns out there vs. the number used in crimes, and how many of them are acquired illegally, vs those acquired legally. Common sense tells me that I know what the stats are like...

Edited by jporter12

...My wife works in a pharmacy...It scares me to death thinking about hoe...

Freudian? :D

/quoted for future blackmail purposes/monies, since armed robbery of :SuperPorter: is evidently <not> a wise move... :eek:

Freudian? :D

/quoted for future blackmail purposes/monies, since armed robbery of :SuperPorter: is evidently <not> a wise move... :eek:

:nono:

:eek: Thanks! Fixed it! I'll have to be sure to show it to her, just in case she would happen to log in to see what I'm posting!

Magz,

Don't worry about stray bullets hitting you. Just elbow them out of the air.

Love 'n hugs,

Scruit

Also, don't worry about any stray bullets from members on here IF you ever ride with any of us again, because we spend time at the range honing the skill!

[quote name=jporter12;9938

Also' date=' don't worry about any stray bullets from members on here IF you ever ride with any of us again, because we spend time at the range honing the skill!

Psycho paper murders!

Excerpt from another thread.

I’ve come to realize after the Sandy Hook shooting that the reason we can’t have a rational gun debate is because the anti-gun side pre-supposes that their pro-gun opponents must first accept that guns are bad in order to have a discussion about guns in the first place. Before we even start the conversation, we’re the bad guys and we have to admit it. Without accepting that guns are bad and supplicating themselves to the anti-gunner, the pro-gunner can’t get a word in edgewise, and is quickly reduced to being called a murderer, or a low, immoral and horrible human being. You might think that’s hyperbole too, but I’ve experienced it personally from people I considered friends until recently. And every day I see it on TV or in the newspapers, from Piers Morgan to the Des Moines Register’s own Donald Kaul, who among others have actually said people like me are stupid, crazy or should be killed ourselves. YouTube is full of examples, and any Google search will result in example after example of gun-owning Americans being lampooned, ridiculed and demonized by the media and citizens somewhere. Hell, it’s even gotten so bad that a little kid was expelled from school recently for biting a Pop Tart into the vague shape of a handgun during lunch break (it looked more like Idaho to me). Liberals always make the common plea, “We need to get some experts to solve this problem!” for any public policy issue that comes along, which is a good thing. But when it comes to the gun issue, gun expertise is completely irrelevant to the anti-gunner —people who probably have never fired a gun or even touched one in real life, and whose only experience with guns is what they’ve seen in movies or read about in bastions of (un)balanced, hyper-liberal journalism, like Mother Jones. That a pro-gun person might actually know a lot about their hobby or profession doesn’t stand up against the histrionic cries of the anti-gunner. How can we “gun people” honestly be expected to come to the table with anti-gunners when anti-gunners are willfully stupid about guns, and openly hate, despise and ridicule those of us who own them? There must first be respect and trust — even just a little — before there can be even the beginnings of legitimate discussion of the issue.

Excerpt from another thread.

....the pro-gunner can’t get a word in edgewise, and is quickly reduced to being called a murderer, or a low, immoral and horrible human being. You might think that’s hyperbole too, but I’ve experienced it personally from people I considered friends until recently.....

the problem with that thread (which I did read) is that he starts off denouncing all the hyperbole, then starts into a long rant just soaked with the stuff...:nono: