Central - Double Crazy 8 Ride Ride

Blitz

RIDE stands for Real Intense Duration and Endurance, but the actual route is right at 250 miles, so it's nothing toooo crazy. It's not a trip out West or something. The route is intense though and hits all of my favorite roads. Hoping to have a good group to join up. Any route that has 514 and 520 as well as 78 and 555 (the good part, not the shitty part) has to be good.

Meet at KFC in Newark at 10:30am. Kickstands at 10:45. We'll be back by 3:30 or 4 at the latest but most likely earlier. The ride ends at route 70 and 13 near Buckeye Lake, so everyone can hit the slab and go their separate ways.

Here's a map of the route. Pretty proud I got all of those amazing roads in the ride and kept it under 250 miles. Post up if you're coming. Looks to be a good day of riding!

Map: http://ridewithgps.com/routes/2718849

Edited by Blitz

My bad, yeah. It's Saturday the 22nd. I had started to write the OP and then had to start over when the window closed. Left that out the second time I wrote it haha. Fairly important.

Pace is everyone rides their own ride, no rider left behind. We wait at all intersections and road changes.

Edited by Blitz

Sounds good, I think I may be game. Any plans to stop 1/2 way through for food/bathroom, etc? This is one of the first rides I've seen starting around Central OH recently, most I've seen have been NE and would take me a good 2 hours just to get to the start location. The main downside is it looks like the high on Saturday is supposed to be 90... I guess I'll probably be wearing the textile/mesh jacket instead of leather, heh.

I'm seeing 88, but yeah textile will be the way to go. I don't get hot unless its over 95 and I'm not moving. And I always wear ATGATT.

There will be a couple gas stops when necessary where we can get water, Gatorade, etc. and if people want to eat we can hit the Dairy Bar (ice cream, hot dogs, slushies, etc etc) in Somerset, which is probably 150 miles into the trip. Would be a good time to take a breather.

In case anyone needs directions, the KFC in Newark is at the end of the 16 East exit ramp for Cedar street just past downtown Newarl.

I would love to do this ride but already promised the Mrs. I would paint the living room this weekend. Will have to watch for the next one. Have a good ride.

Why are the good rides always planned on my wife's days off:huh:

You guys should tell the Mrs. that an epic ride awaits. Heck, JC can bring the Mrs. along.

Just for everyone's information....

After checking some ride reports due to Hutch's warning and littlecarbbigsmiles recommendations, I made some adjustments to the route. There's a lot of construction in the area, but it'll force the route onto some new roads that should make things interesting in the Coshocton area. The map has been changed to reflect the change in course. Only added 6 miles and it will be cool to ride some new roads.

Sure hope to get another rider or two though....

Just for everyone's information....

After checking some ride reports due to Hutch's warning and littlecarbbigsmiles recommendations, I made some adjustments to the route. There's a lot of construction in the area, but it'll force the route onto some new roads that should make things interesting in the Coshocton area. The map has been changed to reflect the change in course. Only added 6 miles and it will be cool to ride some new roads.

Sure hope to get another rider or two though....

Just me and you so far? heh. After this I'm planning on hitting Mid-Ohio, probably around 5:00 or 5:30 just to watc. A couple guys I know are doing the twilight track day and they start around 3:30 and go til dark. I'm just going to go to get a feel for what track days are all about, how they're organized, etc. I'm planning on doing my first with them in July. I'll probably head home grab a shower, then take the car though, don't think I'll want to ride up to Mid-Ohio after a ~250 mile ride.

That sounds like fun. I plan to go out there for the Superbikes, Indycars/ LeMans, and the Nascar weekend. So I'll be there a bunch this summer. Probably should do a track day too, eventually.

That sounds like fun. I plan to go out there for the Superbikes, Indycars/ LeMans, and the Nascar weekend. So I'll be there a bunch this summer. Probably should do a track day too, eventually.

Yeah, I'd like to get into track days more consistently, but I'll have to wait til next year, save up a "track only" bike and possibly a trailer/transport vehicle to use, not to mention save some vacation days. I like my 919 too much to risk laying it down on the track, heh. So I think I'll only be able to get my 1st one in this season.

Ohhhhh this is tempting. I am supposed to be house / dog sitting Saturday - Sunday morning. I'm going to call my buddy in a little bit to check to see how often the dog needs to go out during the day. They are leaving early AM tomorrow so as long as the dog can be let out before they leave, I should be good to go. If I have to cut out of the ride like, 30-60 mins. early, don't shoot me. Let me see what I can do...

Ohhhhh this is tempting. I am supposed to be house / dog sitting Saturday - Sunday morning. I'm going to call my buddy in a little bit to check to see how often the dog needs to go out during the day. They are leaving early AM tomorrow so as long as the dog can be let out before they leave, I should be good to go. If I have to cut out of the ride like, 30-60 mins. early, don't shoot me. Let me see what I can do...

Sounds good man.  Would be great to have you along!

PM me if you want to swap cell numbers, I'm planning on being there.

Oh, and if anyone else is closer to Columbus/Westerville area, we could meet up somewhere before heading to Newark to the meet spot.

Edited by 8Rider6