Headed South To Ride

Triumph

Caryn and I will be headed south to the Gatlinburg area for some great riding in less than two weeks. Planning on a weekday excursion to Deals Gap, hitting River Road on the way to and fro, a ride on the Cherohala Skyway, a run on the Blueridge Parkway and a cross on the pass to Cherokee to get there. Any other standout roads to hit while we are down there? We don't want to ride the entire trip (horses to ride and whitewater to traverse) but probably have time to hit a bit more while were there. I have up to a full 7 days down there if I want. Goofy as it is, I just don't want to be away from home more than that. The parents will be staying at the house but I think I'd miss my dog too much to be gone more than that...lol.

28 south to highlands. Highlands is a very cool a arts and crafts town, tons of shops. Stop in Franklin on the way and get some blue crab bisque at cafe rel. Most awesome. 28 is outstanding to ride.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the tips. I have the large loop on a map that I picked up from America Rides Maps. I'm taking the CBR RR, so I don't know how far Caryn can take on the back. I've never been pillion on a sport bike but I can only imagine that it must be brutal over very long distances. Might have to break things up a bit or stop frequently. I'm thinking a ZZR might be in order before doing it again next year. I hear they are quite a bit more comfortable without sacrificing too much of the handling. Thankfully she is a great passenger and never puts weight on my wrists. Six days from today. Man is work going to suck this week.