First Ride: Honda Grom

Hoblick

I want one but my scoot is not worried. I'm pretty sure I have more HP, way more gears (cvt) and I have drug left knee with my sh150i. Still working on the right knee.

yeah, but your CVT causes way more friction losses through the drivertrain than conventional gears. (why bicycles don't typically have CVT)

Edited by magley64

yeah, but your CVT causes way more friction losses through the drivertrain than conventional gears. (why bicycles don't typically have CVT)

Sounds like a frag race is in order. My money is on the scooter. Fuel injected water cooled 150

Sounds like a frag race is in order. My money is on the scooter. Fuel injected water cooled 150

What's a frag race?

edit: oh, duh, you meant drag race...

If I had a grom I'd race you, but the only bikes I have are a 2001 CBRXX and a 82 Honda 450... i could pull one of the spark plug wires out of the 450... might be an even race then.

Edited by magley64

Turnone and Jinu better watch out at the gap next year, if i get a Grom, im gonna be passing thier scoots up.

1. excellent write up! i will stop by my local honda dealer to see if they have one i can sit on/ride

2. BRING IT ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN    zuma ain't scurred!

Seems like it would be fun at first, then collect dust.

This is why I will be looking for a used one as soon as someone tires of the novelty. Good training bike and for quick trips around town.
  • Upvote 1