New Member - Cleveland

Grokked

Figured I should post something in here before I make too many more posts elsewhere around here (like the picture game thread)... 

Purchased my first Motorcycle this past June - though I've had my endorsement since 2007 and "borrowed" a bike from friends occasionally.  The trigger pulling moment on the purchase was when I finally had both the $$ and garage space for one.  I wound up with a Moto Guzzi V7 Stone, and have had about 1100 miles of enjoyment since the purchase - even with 8 weeks of broken elbow and physical therapy starting shortly after getting the bike home.

PS: Thanks to P.O.C. in Lakewood for being good people and a pleasant dealership experience.

• Upvote 2

Welcome. How did you end up with the Moto Guzzi?

Mary

Initially I had narrowed my decision down to one of Triumph's pseudo-retro bikes as I liked that late sixties/early seventies appearance.  However, the closest dealer I knew about was about 45 minutes away (Ohio Cycle near I-217 and Alexander) which was a bit far for my liking.  I found Moto Guzzi after Googling for similar bikes in that niche.  Based on pictures of the V7, I started to see another VERY interesting possibility.  I found that there was an MG dealership in Lakewood just 5 miles drive from my house, went there in mid-May, and sat on one.  From the pictures on the internet, I was concerned about the kneecap-to-cylinder proximity.  Once I was on it, that worry went away as there was a comfortable distance for my knees.  I was pretty much sold on getting one that afternoon, but waited a week to make sure I really wanted to spend that money.  The next weekend I handed over the deposit, and the weekend after that I rode it home - though that ride was a bit more than the 5 miles a car would take to travel from Home to the Dealer  :D .

Thanks everyone for the Welcomes.  I've had a good first few months with this bike, using it primarily for commuting to work.  It's handled that task wonderfully (and even better for the commute home).  

Welcome to the site. I'm a Lakewoodian, and POC is a cool store. Excellent Moto G you purchased! They have a great selection of bikes there and I bought my wife a helmet there. Next season hit all the bike nights, I'm usually there with my 1982 985 Honda Supersport.

Hopefully still alot of riding this year. A little cold now but that doesn't stop me.

Take care.

Edited by EofA

Definitely not too cold yet - rode to work every day this week except Monday. It's about a 1/2 hour ride to work, but somehow riding home takes closer to 2 hours... go figure.

At least I'm not the only one.

Oh and welcome. Lakewood here as well.

Sent from my iPhone.