New Indoor Carting Track Opening In Columbus!

Casper

At least its in one of the most ghetto places in Cbus lol.  Maybe a slightly better location would help something like this, but dang I wish them the best.  I guess Great Bear or Wolf, or whatever is right there too, but man, that area is not sweet.

Sure they could go to a better location, but then they'd have to charge me more. 

Grand Prix Karting Coming Fall 2013 gpk-front.jpg
Grand Prix Karting is coming SPRING 2013 to 1300 Alum Creek Drive, Columbus Ohio

Sounds like a flop already, copy an paste right from the site. So which is it? Spring or FALL?

Edited by 2talltim

Looking forward to it. Inside hookup says they are setting up layout to be around 1:00 lap time with high overall speed. Should be a blast. I don't care how ghetto the area as long as the parking lot is relatively safe.

I was just thinking how cool it would be if we could race minis all year round!

My source says they are considering it. I'd say we may be able to race our bikes and maybe xr100's.

Edited by turnone

They need to get some more concrete info for the site.  I'd be willing to buy into the pass deal, but it looks so shitty that I am left wondering if they will actually get opened.  With an opening date or timeline that they have, they certainly ought to be getting the inside done and the karts figured out.  Post what karts are going to be used, progress of the build, etc.

Photoshop of the building leaves me feeling like I'd be donating the money to some bloke that is sitting in an office waiting to quit and live his life long dream of owning a karting shop.

I've talked to a few guys with interest in doing an indoor karting location.  This location is shit.  It will get some interest at the start, but will fade and die in a few years.

They need to look at somewhere like they have in Novi, MI.  Next to a mall or some place like Polaris, Tuttle, Easton, etc.  Walk-ins need to be pushed and in a location like they are proposing, that ain't gonna happen...

As far as Minis - sounds cool, but I'd say until they get on their feet, the insurance of that idea will be a bad idea at the start.  And, if they are going to be electric like most new ones, the gas powered stuff is going to cause a boost in coverage.  Maybe even a different operations license needed...

At least its in one of the most ghetto places in Cbus lol.  Maybe a slightly better location would help something like this, but dang I wish them the best.  I guess Great Bear or Wolf, or whatever is right there too, but man, that area is not sweet.

If it's the ghetto indoor waterpark you are talking about, that is located three exits away on Hamilton. This is right next door to DeVry.

The owner has been trying to get this off the ground for years. Whenever we meet up that's all we really talk about.

The real goal is to get it into the Old cooper stadium motorsports park. Whenever the hell that happens.