Where does your tax money go?

Disclaimer

I gotcha. Like I said, I had read an article in the Army Times discussing the same thing a few years ago. I still believe the military gets taken just for the simple fact they are the military, but it probably doesn't happen as often. Thanks Fusion.

No problem. I've had the opportunity to see both sides and it helps a bit. There are still areas I just don't get. Wright-Patt for example contracts out gate guards and that doesn't make sense to me. I don't see how it works from a cost perspective and I would think there wold be less continuity in base security. Not something I know a ton about though.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem. I've had the opportunity to see both sides and it helps a bit. There are still areas I just don't get. Wright-Patt for example contracts out gate guards and that doesn't make sense to me. I don't see how it works from a cost perspective and I would think there wold be less continuity in base security. Not something I know a ton about though.

Yeah my base in Cali did the same thing, part of that was corruption within the MP's though.

arguingOnTheInternet.gif

You're all fucking retarded... I've yet to see one political discussion here that ended with a single one of you saying "you know, there's something to be seen here... maybe we can find a middle ground"

And that's why government never gets anything done... you can't please all the people all the time.

arguingOnTheInternet.gif

You're all fucking retarded... I've yet to see one political discussion here that ended with a single one of you saying "you know, there's something to be seen here... maybe we can find a middle ground"

And that's why government never gets anything done... you can't please all the people all the time.

Where have you been on the ones Ive posted on? I think the one JRMiii and I were so active on, I said basically the same thing so.....

:bigfinger:

Because the pot needs stirring today...

An Iraqi Field Of US Taxpayer-Bought Trucks Stretching To The Horizon

500x_truck_field.jpg

An anonymous military officer shot this photograph at Camp Taji National Depot in Iraq to illustrate the mind-blowing investment the US taxpayer is footing for Iraqi reconstruction. It makes our wallets hurt just looking at it. [Imgur via Reddit]

I'm in the supply chain for parts that go on all the vehicles on the left side.

They're more than six figures, so... I'm just going to go ahead and assume the even larger vehicles on the right are at a greater cost than the ones I know the general cost of.

Edited by JRMMiii

I'm in the supply chain for parts that go on all the vehicles on the left side.

They're more than six figures, so... I'm just going to go ahead and assume the even larger vehicles on the right are at a greater cost than the ones I know the general cost of.

So, because you say so, it must be so?

Bull Shit.

So, because you say so, it must be so?

Bull Shit.

You're right. Personal observations are "because I say so" observations that can't be verified by ANY other source. :rolleyes:

I know you need your hand held and walked through everything, but I just don't feel like spoon feeding you today, Todd.

You're right. Personal observations are "because I say so" observations that can't be verified by ANY other source. :rolleyes:

I know you need your hand held and walked through everything, but I just don't feel like spoon feeding you today, Todd.

You said they're over six figures each.

You said you know this because you (your company) supplies parts for them.

You dont "feel like" proving it.

I didn't say that it "couldn't be verified" by anyone else, but I don't see anyone jumping at the chance to back you up.

I still say bullshit. And until you, or someone else proves otherwise, I'm gonna stick with that.

You said they're over six figures each.

You said you know this because you (your company) supplies parts for them.

You dont "feel like" proving it.

I didn't say that it "couldn't be verified" by anyone else, but I don't see anyone jumping at the chance to back you up.

I still say bullshit. And until you, or someone else proves otherwise, I'm gonna stick with that.

Just because we have to...

The earth is flat until you prove to me it's round.