Enterprise rental to rent bikes

ReconRat

Starting in Las Vegas, to see how it works out. Five or six Harley models to start, maybe other brands later and other cities. Helmet provided, valid motorcycle endorsement and over age 25 required. About $161 per day, probably cheaper for longer rentals.

http://news.motorbiker.org/blogs.nsf/dx/usa-enterprise-rent-a-car-to-enter-motorcycle-rentals.htm

http://www.enterprise.com/car_rental/deeplinkmap.do?bid=056&dcpCode=MCYCLES

https://news.google.com/news/rtc?ncl=db9K762wMyR5xqMwQUOJi8EY_aDUM&siidp=aa87a32589a9593ff9e2d91dc1904ea41184

Street Glider, Road Glide Custom, Electra Glide Classic, Electra Glide Ultra Limited, and the Road Glide Ultra. The Heritage Softail Classic and the Fat Boy Lo will be available by the end of November.

Edited by ReconRat

It would be nice to have that kind of infrastructure when trying to rent a motorcycle. When i was in socal last time, the only place i could find that would rent a motorcycle was a luxury car rental. On the bright side, the blackbird was an option there.

Interesting, though I have to wonder why they want to compete with harleys. HD has a pretty well established rental program from the dealerships.

I think Enterprise is on to something but I would target different biking segments that are underserverd in high demand Western riding states.

Arent the harley rentals from dealers realllly expensive?

We were going to rent a motorcycle when we were in myrtle beach last summer but couldnt find anywhere good to ride it. I think it was like $100 a day.

Just checked, its Eaglerider.com they also rent in other cities.

Edited by Jester_

That rental agreement has to be 10 pages long...  I'm certain they disclaim everything, and you're totally effed if you lay the bike down. 

I agree with Pauly on two different levels here:

1) The liability exposure is going to be huge.  Even with said air-tight disclaimer in place, there are going to be lawsuits.  Winning still costs money.

2)  I don't see how it's a financially viable business model unless they are doing a lot more volume than I would anticipate.  They must be getting some kind of "fleet" pricing on the bikes, and have talked to HD dealerships about accepting low-mileage rentals at an agreed-upon price when Enterprise is done with them.  That's how I think they'll have to make money...  Knowing that they're only "renting" the bikes themselves, and then selling them with a few thousand miles on them while the resale value is still high.

I'm sure the liability thing is all worked out...it's been done for years. I've rented scooters to tool around on in Key West and it's pretty much the same principle. I will say, the majority people renting scooters have no business being on one.

• Upvote 1

A friend of mine rented a Harley in florida last year. $1,000 down on a credit card and $140 ish a day. He didn't say anything about the paper work. It was from a dealership and all the rentals were new 2012's.

place right by me you can rent 600cc supersports, vfr800s, full size ST bikes FJR and ST1300, dualsport bikes ....anything you want besides liter bikes...im sure the liability thing isnt a problem. they will probably have restrictions (minimum age 25, must have endorsement, etc etc)

place right by me you can rent 600cc supersports, vfr800s, full size ST bikes FJR and ST1300, dualsport bikes ....anything you want besides liter bikes...im sure the liability thing isnt a problem. they will probably have restrictions (minimum age 25, must have endorsement, etc etc)

There were places all over Honolulu renting similar bikes for a fair bit less than Eaglerider or HD dealers.  Oddly enough they were cheaper than the HD dealer which usually is not the case.  This was great for me because I'm sick of renting Heritage Softail Classics.

I rented this 04 Bonneville and it had similar stipulations that you mention; 25 years old, must have your endorsement, deposit held on the bike so you don't take off with it, etc.  However being able to pick one of these up at the airport would be all kinds of kick-ass.

IMGP6588_zps2d8df739.jpg

Edited by wantahertzdonut

Enterprise will fail at this,

I wanted to rent a Harley while I was in Daytona a few years ago.

I looked online and it was $500 down on the credit card and $149 for the day.

Well I was going down for 2 weeks while I was laid off for the winter, Fee rent from exgf/booty call

Anyway, I said screw it I'll just rent it when I get down there instead off prepaying. So I went in to rent it and they had a fat boy I wanted so I gave him my card for the deposit and he said, $35 dollars for 24 hours fill it back up with gas when your done. Now I don't know if this was because it was early February and to late for winter break and to early for spring break. I don't know but I can see enterprise screwing it up royally as most people who rent bikes are of the, well not so responsible side.

Took my last rental offroading... 2013 equinox... Guess awd doesn't equal offroad ready.. Hit some ruts and did a few grand in damage (cracked both bumpers, all 4 inner fenders, front fender got bent out when bumper, trailer hitch cover broke)... Luckily I rigged it up with zip ties and push pins and they didn't notice when I returned it lol... It only had 1200 miles on it... Oops

California's been doing it for years. They only rent cruisers and a few sport-cruisers, but the prices are around $150 for 2 days, including gear. If you bring your own gear it's like $120 for 2 days or so.

It's not Enterprise, but there are a bunch of companies that do it.