This legal here in ohio 32 round magazine for M&P 9

wht_scorpion

It's legal to buy, just not legal to use..silly Ohio laws

(Note: It is not illegal to own or possess magazines with capacity greater than 30 rounds; so long as they are kept separate and apart from a firearm designed to accept it. The magazine only violates Ohio law once the magazine is inserted into the firearm, "adapting" the firearm to fire more than thirty-one cartridges without reloading.)

Not legal, but the question is, who is gonna tell? I bought an SKS from a pawn shop with a 40 round mag in it. I'll quote my police friend/gun dealer, "it's a tack on law that is only gonna get you in trouble if you're making trouble with it." But it is your own risk to take. Question is, is it worth it?

It's legal to buy, just not legal to use..silly Ohio laws

(Note: It is not illegal to own or possess magazines with capacity greater than 30 rounds; so long as they are kept separate and apart from a firearm designed to accept it. The magazine only violates Ohio law once the magazine is inserted into the firearm, "adapting" the firearm to fire more than thirty-one cartridges without reloading.)

(b) No person shall sell, deliver, rent, lease, offer or display for sale, or transfer ownership of, ACQUIRE or POSSESS any detachable magazine with the following capacities:

(1) More than ten rifle or carbine rounds;

(2) More than five shotgun rounds;

(3) MORE THAN 15 HANDGUN ROUNDS...."

caps is my emphasis. Didn't that say otherwise, it is illegal just to own?

(b) No person shall sell, deliver, rent, lease, offer or display for sale, or transfer ownership of, ACQUIRE or POSSESS any detachable magazine with the following capacities:

(1) More than ten rifle or carbine rounds;

(2) More than five shotgun rounds;

(3) MORE THAN 15 HANDGUN ROUNDS...."

caps is my emphasis. Didn't that say otherwise, it is illegal just to own?

That is the old Cincy ordinance 708-37 that was invalidated by statewide preemption in ORC 9.68

Edited by Scruit

Legal to own, not to use.

If used the weapon become a dangerous ordnance.... Buttttt if the weapon is in the National registry (NFA) such as a SBR or Machine gun then they are legal to use.

ORC 2923.11 then go to ORC 2923.17

House bill 191 is trying to fix this.

Get to the Reps and let them know to get on the ball.