VFR Fan Boys. It's back

Al Z. Heimer

Nice updates on the new gen, seems they focused a bit more on aesthetics this time.

Too bad Honda never took the Vboost approach on their V4 like Yammie did with the Vmax, would've given them an edge to join back into the hyper class battle :dunno: but nothing is touching the new powerhouse 14's :bow:

Undertail exhaust was maybe my biggest complaint of the 800 I had... It got so fucking hot after a day of riding... They will make short aftermarket cans that will still show off the rear wheel

For a passenger, I could see this being a viable complaint, but I've never seen a bike where the pipe is routed under the rider's seat.   Could you have just been feeling engine heat? 

I tend to think of "standard" exhaust cans as burning hazards as well...  I never once burned my leg (or anything else) on my 600RR's pipe.  Did so multiple times on my EX500, and would have on my F2, if I hadn't been wearing full leathers every time I touched it.

I also crashed my F2 and bent up the exhaust a bit.  Never had that issue low-siding the 600RR with the under-tail. 

Edited by redkow97

Not sure it was, but the seat on my vfr800 was like a skillet on high heat... I hated it after a long day.. Was actually hot enough to be uncomfortable... I was on a ride with a supersport that had Undertail and his was fine and compared with mine which was scorching...I've only owned one bike with Undertail before and that was the vfr

I'm still a fan of the idea of shared manufacturing of engine blocks across the board for the bikes.

1000cc i4

750cc i3

500cc par twin

250cc single

Save money by being able to share pistons, bearings rods, valves, etc. with modern electronics and the simple fact different camshafts would have to be used, it wouldn't be hard to make each bike very rideable to its respective cc.

I'm still a fan of the idea of shared manufacturing of engine blocks across the board for the bikes.

1000cc i4

750cc i3

500cc par twin

250cc single

Save money by being able to share pistons, bearings rods, valves, etc. with modern electronics and the simple fact different camshafts would have to be used, it wouldn't be hard to make each bike very rideable to its respective cc.

Honda did that with the NC700X. Half of a 1600cc Fit engine.

Um, bike engine not econobox engines.

Um, I thought you were talking pistons and shit. Sorry. My bad.

While on the subject, I've often thought a v4 would be a great econobox engine.

Edited by DAC

• 4 weeks later...