What to do in cbus for a weekend?

Gixxus Christ!

Instead of exchanging gifts this year my fiancé and I are spending the money on a short local trip. We're looking at Columbus partly because I need to go to iron pony and get some new gear for next season and partly because it's a fairly large city only a few hours away and there should be plenty to do...we just don't know exactly what...especially in the dead of winter. So far we're looking at dave and busters and maybe the funny bone...would like to hit some good restaurants and hopefully find a good bar somewhat close to our hotel...so what's good down in the Capitol city?

my "show people around" spots in cbus:

thurmans

german village

short north when it's busy

campus because it's fucking ridiculous nowadays. it's gotta be bigger than downtown itself by now.

pick random bars/clubs depending on what you're into

16 bit + hot dog joint nearby

stauf's and jeni's to chill out and people watch, unless it's 15 degrees out. then you can watch all the skanks get frostbite and laugh and laugh and laugh

easton just to scoff at the tards

cabela's to scoff at the prices

vance's "          "             "    "

los guachos tacqueria (it's in a plaza on the corner of godown and bethel). thank me later. if you don't know and scoff at tacos, go fuck yourself and stay the fuck away from my tacos

iron pony cause you have to

go karts, if it's up and running by then. or drive to cinci for it

there are other places i'm forgetting but those are the ones that matter.

i seriously want to open up a los guachos up in cleveland/mentor/painesville.  i think it would be a smashing success, but i have no restaurant experience.

• Upvote 1

I appreciate the suggestion but I have a couple artists I've been working with the past 12 or so years and tend to stick with them...and this trip is gonna be expensive enough without a $250 tattoo.

know what ya mean man hard to move to another artist

THURMAN's. Do it, will not disappoint. One of the best burgers I've had in my search of the worlds best burger.

If anyone tells you to go to Rooster's for wings, ignore them. Been there twice and both times I was highly disappointed

THURMAN's. Do it, will not disappoint. One of the best burgers I've had in my search of the worlds best burger.

If anyone tells you to go to Rooster's for wings, ignore them. Been there twice and both times I was highly disappointed

Best wings in town are at Ray Ray's shack at Ace of Cups.

Agree with Thurmans. Nice divey ambiance in addition to the burger.

get the wings next time you go to thurmans. they are really good. HUGE too.