What to do in cbus for a weekend?

Gixxus Christ!

los guachos tacqueria (it's in a plaza on the corner of godown and bethel). thank me later. if you don't know and scoff at tacos, go fuck yourself and stay the fuck away from my tacos

This. Place is getting quite the following now. Next thing you know it'll be like Thurman's which I love but never go to anymore due to the wait.

Thanks for the love guys.

Just about everyone here agrees that Thurman's is number one for burgers, but if you catch yourself hungry at Easton try Flip Side, really good as well.

Hound Dog pizza is great just north of campus as well as aforementioned Ray Ray's inside of Ace of Cups (dive, so you can kill two birds with one stone)

Aaron may or may not have the Grand Prix indoor karts open, but he is working hard on it. He is just of I70 east of downtown. Looks like it is going to be a good time. 

It is an hour west, but the Air Force Museum is crazy awesome, warm, free and open 7 days a week. I have probably been 10 times and it is still one of my favorite places on earth.  

Been away from C-Bus for years & too old to know the bar scene, but I still like Byrnes in Grandview + you can check out Sauf's & Jeni's while you are there. Spagio is also right there and has a great wine list & food.

FYI we are open 7 days a week, year round.   

Hilliard Dave and Busters is better... but Polaris D&B has a Hilton within walking distance sooo take that for what it is. Plenty of shit by Polaris but great thing about that exit is everything else in the city worthwhile is around a 20 minute drive.

Don't know why but I cant quote anymore... I was just going to tell Bad we have a Thurman's to Go now over on E Broad street headed towards Pataskala. Same owners, same great food and no stupid 1/2 hour wait at lunch time for a table!

Don't know why but I cant quote anymore... I was just going to tell Bad we have a Thurman's to Go now over on E Broad street headed towards Pataskala. Same owners, same great food and no stupid 1/2 hour wait at lunch time for a table!

they have a to go place?!?! Holy hell I need to make a trip through cbus now

Wait, what?  You serious?  We need to get like Ben and Sean and do a lunch gig some weekend after the holidays, 100% had no idea.  Then hit the new shooting range over there and play with each other. I mean guns play with each others guns.  I know Sean wants to shoot your/my shield, and I got a 1911 I want to play with.

There is also a Thurman's To Go right next door to the German Village location, pick it up for a quick picnic at Schiller Park.

Besides the new Pataskala/Reynoldsburg location I saw a press release announcing a Delaware Thurman's To Go location opening soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Instead of exchanging gifts this year my fiancé and I are spending the money on a short local trip. We're looking at Columbus partly because I need to go to iron pony and get some new gear for next season and partly because it's a fairly large city only a few hours away and there should be plenty to do...we just don't know exactly what...especially in the dead of winter. So far we're looking at dave and busters and maybe the funny bone...would like to hit some good restaurants and hopefully find a good bar somewhat close to our hotel...so what's good down in the Capitol city?

How was your trip? If you haven't already gone, Bakersfield in the Short North is new and pretty good. Tacos, tequila, and whiskey w a cool soundtrack. Mac's Cafe is within walking distance of the Downtown Hilton(which is brand new and beautiful) and they have great burgers. 

Arena Disctrict:

Brand new Hilton

Elevator Brewing Company

Teds Montana Grill

Dueling Piano Bar

Buca

Gordon Biersch Brewing Co

Park Street Complex

Barleys Brewing Co

The North Market

Check out Nationwide Arena, Convention Center, Lifestyles Pavillion (LC), and Ohio Theatre Schedule

Edited by Ron505

• 3 weeks later...

End of day 1. Checked In, relaxed a bit and went to iron pony. Bought a Joe rocket atomic 2.0 jacket for $239 (clearance rack bitches) and some nice A* gloves. Hit german village. Dinner at shmidts or however the fuck. Awesome sausage. Killer deserts. Went to dave and busters and was fucking pissed about the place being full of kids. They don't show kids in the commercials. Went next door to the pub. Snooty fucking place, stole some glassware. Turns out the hilton has a shuttle service that takes us anywhere inside a 5 mile radius and since I hate down town and hate driving in snow that's probably gonna be our modus operandi this weekend. Got drunk as hell in the hotel bar on booze I snuck in, jokes on them.

time to sleep it off.