Post-Apocalyptic vehicle choice

redbarron77

Post Apocalyptic transportation choice  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which transportation would you choose?

• '12 Subaru Forester, 2.5 SUV, 2.5 L 4-cyl, AWD
    • '12 Toyota Sienna XLE 7 Passenger 4DR, 3.5L V-6, AWD
    • Hookers and blow, because no one wants to travel in a post-apocalyptic world

Chime in here.....Need to have a reason for your choice...

The reasoning is which one will facilitate traveling from Texas A&M to the backup site to retrieve our backups.

:)

I own the mini-van, and the Systems guy has the Subaru.

Edited by redbarron77

For the true post-apocalyptic world, assuming you need to move a lot of people or goods around and can obtain diesel, would be an old security van.  Heck, I need that on 270.  Any normal vehicle, assuming dwindling numbers of working vehicles, would become a hot commodity and you'll be dragged out of it at any opportunity.

For getting backups - a Ford Focus would do nicely.  However I'm really wondering how important your backups are going to be in an age when people are killing each other for moldy bread.

TBH, if I weas the sort to plan for the SHTF, I'd go with a pre-arranged safe place with a house/trailer/bunker etc, and offroad tires on my vstrom.  Wifey can ride bitch, my son can learn on his own dirt bike - bug out plan would be to assumed the roads are all going to be blocked and to cross-country it to the hideout.