New guy from Akron

jd724

Greetings from beautiful Akron,Ohio! (aka Antarctica). Anyway, I'm so lucky I found this forum! I've been looking for good people to ride with in the area.  I'm an old guy with a young guys bike. I ride a 2011 ZX-14. Looking forward to meeting you all, going on some great rides and maybe learning how to be a better rider along the way.  

Yeah it did!   I went from a 600 Kat to the Z.  You don't realize how fast you're going on it. I'm lucky I only had one ticket this past season. I'll have to be careful this year. The power is so smooth. It never feels like it's working hard.

Yeah it did!   I went from a 600 Kat to the Z.  You don't realize how fast you're going on it. I'm lucky I only had one ticket this past season. I'll have to be careful this year. The power is so smooth. It never feels like it's working hard.

I went from a 97 zx6r to the 12. I know what you mean about the power and being careful. The 12 is really high strung down low in rims it smooths out once you get above 6k. The top range on creeps up pretty quick on it as well

Thanks for the welcome everyone!  That's a big jump as well Hooligan.  Although the zx6 has way more muscle than my good ol kat.  I have the flies out of my Z. That gave it a bit more go. Nothing drastic though. It does seem to breath a lot better. I read that there is another set of flies that has something to do with high rpm hp. I'm not talking about the speedo limiter. I'm not sure if mine even has the speedo limiter. I think that was on the 2012's but I can't remember. If I ever get bored with this bike I might look into it. Right now is has plenty of power to scare me now and then.  I can't wait to see all the great bikes everyone has. I love em all!  

Thanks for the welcome everyone!  That's a big jump as well Hooligan.  Although the zx6 has way more muscle than my good ol kat.  I have the flies out of my Z. That gave it a bit more go. Nothing drastic though. It does seem to breath a lot better. I read that there is another set of flies that has something to do with high rpm hp. I'm not talking about the speedo limiter. I'm not sure if mine even has the speedo limiter. I think that was on the 2012's but I can't remember. If I ever get bored with this bike I might look into it. Right now is has plenty of power to scare me now and then.  I can't wait to see all the great bikes everyone has. I love em all!  

Welcome to the forum. As far as speed limiters go, all ZX14's have them. You're limited to 186mph. Every bike built after 2000 that is capable of exceeding 186 is electronically limited to 186.

Well...... I'm 40ish and I'm not saying that's old but most people my age have traded their sport bikes for cruisers.  I can't do it.  I love the way sport bikes look, handle and, last but not least the speed. Don't get me wrong. I love all bikes. If I had the money I'd own at least 20 or so. 

• Upvote 1

Welcome to the forum. As far as speed limiters go, all ZX14's have them. You're limited to 186mph. Every bike built after 2000 that is capable of exceeding 186 is electronically limited to 186.

Nothing a good reflash of the ECU can't cure.

Well...... I'm 40ish and I'm not saying that's old but most people my age have traded their sport bikes for cruisers.  I can't do it.  I love the way sport bikes look, handle and, last but not least the speed. Don't get me wrong. I love all bikes. If I had the money I'd own at least 20 or so.

Welcome whippersnapper.