Rider dies after hitting pothole while traveling over 100 mph in Minnesota

Casper

I can understand that logic, I just dont know if I could leave my buddy behind, dying in a ditch.  At that point, youve made your choices and maybe you deserve some prison time.

what a bitch thing to say.

what a bitch thing to say.

Why is that a "Bitch" thing to say? So you would flee... Someone else would stay and face the consequences of their actions. Of the 2 I'd say the fleeing is more of a "Bitch" action, regardless of which I might choose if ever faced with such a situation.

• Upvote 1

I'd come back and check on my friend, or a stranger, or even my enemy. I'll risk legal complications rather than spend the rest of my life plagued with the guilt that comes from wondering if I could have saved a man's life if not for my own cowardice.

Ya'll is some poosies.

• Upvote 4

Something I do not understand is when they estimate speed. It seems that no matter how fast your going on a bike witnesses always say things like "over 100" or "racing".

The only time you should be going over 100 mph is on the way back to the kitchen after dropping off a sandwich.

• Upvote 2

The only time you should be going over 100 mph is on the way back to the kitchen after dropping off a sandwich.

Last time I left burn out marks on the rug :( I am not allowed to run in the house anymore. I can heat the oven to 450.

Not sure what I would do, I think my instinct would kick in to try to save a life rather flight. I usually ride with close friends or Mutt. But, I try to keep it on the track for speeds that fast.

Edited by snot

Last time I left burn out marks on the rug :( I am not allowed to run in the house anymore. I can heat the oven to 450.

Not sure what I would do, I think my instinct would kick in to try to save a life rather flight. I usually ride with close friends or Mutt. But, I try to keep it on the track for speeds that fast.

I dont think that I could ever leave a brother or sister behind, even if I meant that I would face some prison time.

Don't think I could either, but you never know what your mind might make you do. Some people have a flight instinct and it just happens. If I am on the ground I would hope someone would stop and try to help me.

Just a quick google search showed he loved motorcycling, seems like he was experienced rider, consistent track time, going to be expert this year. Full of passion for motorcycling, all post/pics on his facebook related to bikes. RIP

As we all fear this could have been any one of us, ride safe every one :(

Edited by NinjaDoc

I dont think that I could ever leave a brother or sister behind, even if I meant that I would face some prison time.

Don't think I could either, but you never know what your mind might make you do. Some people have a flight instinct and it just happens. If I am on the ground I would hope someone would stop and try to help me.

I'd stop and help. But then again, I don't usually do 100 anywhere - if that's even what happened in this instance.

• Upvote 1

I'd stop and help. But then again, I don't usually do 100 anywhere - if that's even what happened in this instance.

I don't ride that fast on the street either. My point is, some people flee not because they are scared but because it is instinct.

Personally I am not the fleeing type, and since I don't ride at speeds that will send me to jail. I have nothing to fear and would stop. I don't think any of the group rides are an issue for someone not helping.

• Upvote 1

Like I said, if it was remote - no choice but stop and help... But on a busy road with plenty of witnesses around - there's nothing I could do to help, you already know probably 5 different people already called it in - no reason to go to prison... Go ahead and call it a bitch move, but I'm not your keeper and won't ruin my life because you can't control yourself and you fucked up... If it's in the middle of nowhere, I don't think anyone on the forum would just leave anybody, just talking about on a busy highway where this supposedly all went.... Dead is dead, I'm not a fucking miracle maker, I'm not reviving anybody

Everybody, please let me know before any meetup/group ride if you are not the type to stop and help me.

Fleeing is definitely a BITCH move!

TP:  I'm pretty sure that most if not all of the riders I roll with would ALWAYS stop and assist in an accident situation.

That being said, I hope you know I'll DEFINITELY DRAW THE LINE at mouth-to-mouth resuscitation….

…unless you don't mind tongue.

• Upvote 1

Like I said, if it was remote - no choice but stop and help... But on a busy road with plenty of witnesses around - there's nothing I could do to help, you already know probably 5 different people already called it in - no reason to go to prison... Go ahead and call it a bitch move, but I'm not your keeper and won't ruin my life because you can't control yourself and you fucked up... If it's in the middle of nowhere, I don't think anyone on the forum would just leave anybody, just talking about on a busy highway where this supposedly all went.... Dead is dead, I'm not a fucking miracle maker, I'm not reviving anybody

This

How will you be helping them on the remote road...if there is nothing you can do(as on the main highway)?

I also think relying on others to do the right thing for a fallen rider is a big assumption.  What if everyone assumes someone else handled it?  Have you ever seen the hidden camera videos of a classroom filling with smoke?  No one acts, because they all believe someone else would handle it, if something really was wrong.

I admit I am trying to ruffle some feathers with these posts.