Picked up a new ride for backpack

magley64

I'm definitely not a mopar guy, but this one is growing on me.

2010 Chrysler 300. Dropped her payment by $50.month vs. her old 03 buick rendezvous.

Custom black halo/led/projector/HID tail lights and headlights to come (once i figure out what fits what)

5481f6870dad4957b932b28e4f483f2a20140328

5544842494c946ffb04cf0c33e92823c20140328

ba624c8a458b4defb6cfdd4305dff31020140328

cc15d99fda32485e97337056c473c22920140328

3e24dfb0a8104bf1aca63a627e4229f920140328

70c58234fc25442aae13e8194d70497a20140328

48112adae11d47a6b528c20546fa1fbd20140328

Metallic Paint sparkles in the sunlight.

And both will be paid off on the same date?

Oh no, but the interest rate is so much lower than the rendezvous, that it was a wash, even with the little bit they gave for the trade. Net, it added a few years to the loan... 

but it got rid of that minivan with car doors that proved to be unreliable (intermittent fuel pump issues, heater issues, and electrical gremlins).

it got her a vehicle that was on her "wish list"

it saved her $50 a month for a couple years.

and gave her a warranty/roadside assistance/peace of mind.

Got me out of mechanic duty for a while (at least on her vehicle)

and while it's not an exciting car by my standards, it is rather comfy to ride in, and there is enough room in the back seat/trunk to take a nap on a long trip or after a night of drinking.

Edited by magley64

Oh no, but the interest rate is so much lower than the rendezvous, that it was a wash, even with the little bit they gave for the trade. Net, it added a few years to the loan... 

I figured that, didn't want anyone else to think a lower payment = lower cost.   :)

Edited by Tonik

Nice! Always liked the look but since its a Chrysler product I could never bare to think of owning one. Are those things RWD?

Yup, rear wheel drive. Had a bit of fun in a snowy parking lot when we got it home sunday. Even got reprimanded by local PD, lol

Edited by magley64

would look a lot nicer with some blacked out rims

Yeah, gonna see about this come snow tire season... gotta buy a set of wheels for the snow tires anyway, so might use the aluminums for snows and buy a set of pretties for summer tires. either black or chrome or both...

18 I believe... Could be 17, haven't looked that closely.

I had 18" Blizzak's for my G35...they made a HUGE difference in winter drive ability but man were they expensive even with a discount I got from a family friend 

would look a lot nicer with some blacked out rims

And set you up for some nice mafia limousine gigs.

As stated earlier, nice ride - but I will never own another Chrysler product.  Last one was the wife's car as well.  Dropped a tranny but was, thankfully, still in warranty.

I had 18" Blizzak's for my G35...they made a HUGE difference in winter drive ability but man were they expensive even with a discount I got from a family friend 

tire rack has them for $147 each, a comparable price to the 16's i bought at $130 each.

She's definitely getting blizzaks or studded winterforce come winter, already planned on that. 

Winterforce are $112 each with the studs installed.

And set you up for some nice mafia limousine gigs.

As stated earlier, nice ride - but I will never own another Chrysler product.  Last one was the wife's car as well.  Dropped a tranny but was, thankfully, still in warranty.

Yeah, it's the mafia look that has it growing on me... and I do like how the paint sparkles.

Edited by magley64

$147? That is awesome!

I wonder with so many more cars and suvs having larger wheels standard now it helped being the price down on those. When I got them at discount they were $168/tire mounted.

215 65 17 is the stock tire size, and it's got the baby 6 cylinder. We'll probably buy the studded Winterforce and mount them up on the stock aluminum wheels, then look at New wheels or new wheels and tires next spring.

I won't buy a Dodge product either with an auto tranny. Way too many issues and I remember going into the Kokomo transmission factory in the late 90's and it was the dirtiest auto plant I've ever been in. Rivaled foundry cleanliness (lack thereof).

Quick research will show mass auto transmission failures during each decade with Chrysler Corp. there is a reason Mercedes sold for more than $20 Billion cheaper than they bought them. Not including all the money wasted.

However, this is a nice car and deals can be had. Warranty is critical.

I was going to argue with you and point out how bold of a statement that was, but then I remembered my wife's Neon.

The 3-speed automatic grenaded at 68,000 miles, and I wasn't a fan of te wide ratios even when it was working correctly.