WTB- Honda XR100 or CRF100 for OMRL!

2.slow

The carb rejetting was quite nice. Gave it a bit more pep, and made it more responsive to rev too.

It's currently running stock gearing, and according to a gps tracking app, topping out at about 33.7 MPH.... seem right? How much change is there with taller gearing?

The carb rejetting was quite nice. Gave it a bit more pep, and made it more responsive to rev too.

It's currently running stock gearing, and according to a gps tracking app, topping out at about 33.7 MPH.... seem right? How much change is there with taller gearing?

Looks like you are getting race ready there!  You just need to get your safety wiring done right?

14/50 is the stock gearing it came with.  I ran the 14/50 gearing combo @ CRP all last season and it worked out well for me.  14/50 gearing should have your top speed quicker than that. I bet your gps app may be off.

14/46 gearing at PIRC we were able to turn 48 mph on the front straight.

You can remove the SCREEN but not the baffle!

8529405018_566f133fbd_z.jpg

Why is the baffle required?  Just askin because I know we threw those puppies out a while ago...I will try and find one for Casper as i traded him my stocker, but the stocker with the baffle out is as loud as the FMF is...  Just wonderin so we can prepare if I have the boy come...

Why is the baffle required? Just askin because I know we threw those puppies out a while ago...I will try and find one for Casper as i traded him my stocker, but the stocker with the baffle out is as loud as the FMF is... Just wonderin so we can prepare if I have the boy come...

Crap. Thought so. Anyone have a spare baffle?

Crap. Thought so. Anyone have a spare baffle?

I can't speak for everyone, but I won't protest you for your first couple weekends ;-)

As for top-speed, like JB said, with 14/46 gearing, and ML 75's mounted (which are smaller than BT45's by a reasonable amount) did 48.3 on the rev limiter at PIRC.

Larger tires would likely put it almost right at 50mph.

Why is the baffle required?  Just askin because I know we threw those puppies out a while ago...I will try and find one for Casper as i traded him my stocker, but the stocker with the baffle out is as loud as the FMF is...  Just wonderin so we can prepare if I have the boy come...

I don't think anyone will protest your first race if you don't have it... BUT the rule book states you need it.

OMRL rule book. 

Stock XR100 
This class is designed to provide an easy, low cost way to participate in Ohio Mini Road 
Racing League. Minimal modifications ensure close racing and showcase rider talent, 
not mechanical skills or machinery.
●  Rule #1: If it doesn’t say you CAN do it, then you CANNOT!
●   Motorcycle must be a Honda XR100/CRF100F production year 1981 to present.
●   Stock OEM exhaust must be used. Baffle may not be removed. Spark arrestor 
screen not required.
●   Stock OEM airbox, complete and intact, must be used
●   Stock OEM airfilter or any aftermarket direct replacement part. Must fit in stock 
location with NO modification.
●   Stock OEM carb must be used. Jets/needle may be changed
●   OEM piston must be used in standard, .25 over, or .50 over sizes
●   Bore cannot exceed .50 over
●   Clutch plates and springs may be changed
●   Shift lever may be changed
●   Clutch lever and front brake lever may be changed
●   Handlebars may be changed. Drop/clubman-style bars may not be used. Clipons may not be used
●   Grips may be changed
●   OEM handguards may be removed. Aftermarket barkbusters/handguards may 
be added
●   Brake cable and clutch cable may be changed
●   Spark plug may be changed
●   Front rim may be changed to 16” OEM XR80 front rim
●   Stock OEM rear XR100 rim must be used
●   Any tires may be used
●   Stock OEM Front forks, Internals may be changed.
●  Stock OEM rear shock, spring may be changed.
●  Front and rear sprockets may be changed. Must run OEM sized chain.
●  No oxygenated race fuel allowed
●  Aftermarket / Custom trimmed plastics are permitted 

Well, the oil is changed, the catch can is on, and the bolts are safety wired! Number 23 is ready to hit the track!

I'm going to the practice session at CRP tomorrow. Anyone else going? I figure I should ride the bike at least once before Saturday....

Long work day for me tomorrow. Then home to load up for early departure to the track Saturday.

Same here, working till 4:30 on Friday and then getting ready.  The 2-1/2 hr drive there in the morning is the only really bummer.

Well, the oil is changed, the catch can is on, and the bolts are safety wired! Number 23 is ready to hit the track!

I'm going to the practice session at CRP tomorrow. Anyone else going? I figure I should ride the bike at least once before Saturday....

Good to see it all came together!!   I like your idea of getting a practice session in before race day! 

See you Saturday morning!