WTB- Honda XR100 or CRF100 for OMRL!

2.slow

Had an awesome time today! Looking forward to the next event! Let me know if you guys head down for a practice.

Definitely. Todd and Adam prefer weekdays so it isn't busy. We should get something planned. I'd like to go at least once a week for practice. I want to shave 6s.

I am not convinced Joe should still be a novice this year...

He didn't show up consistently last year, but I want to say he won some novice races last year. He definitely beat several people who are experts now.

I am not convinced Joe should still be a novice this year...

He didn't show up consistently last year, but I want to say he won some novice races last year. He definitely beat several people who are experts now.

Looks like 1:00 was the cut off today for expert. Novice started at 1:01. Two people that started in expert who's best laps were 1:11 and 1:16 were bumped down to novice. I was 1:07 the first heat, and 1:06 the second. My goal is to be sub minute by the end of the season. Will it happen? Who knows, but I'm going to try. :)

Looks like 1:00 was the cut off today for expert. Novice started at 1:01. Two people that started in expert who's best laps were 1:11 and 1:16 were bumped down to novice. I was 1:07 the first heat, and 1:06 the second. My goal is to be sub minute by the end of the season. Will it happen? Who knows, but I'm going to try. :)

I don't think anyone was bumped down. Look at the expert XR race 2 results when they're posted.

I know Terry and Chris S. were listed in expert AND novice XR, but someone said (over the radio) that was a mistake. The tower was holding the novice XR2 race for their sighting lap because their names were on the grid sheet.

I will say, my legs are still pretty sore from all the hanging off! I did pick up some better boots, with rear wheel bearings, sprockets, and chain coming soon.

I'm running the ML75 tires, for which 14 48 is the suggested gearing. I was hardly hitting fifth gear on Saturday, so why are they suggesting taller gearing than stock?

I'm running the ML75 tires, for which 14 48 is the suggested gearing. I was hardly hitting fifth gear on Saturday, so why are they suggesting taller gearing than stock?

You will get faster and need the top-end later.

Right now, you are probably bogging like hell in 4th gear as you come onto the back straight. Your corner-speed will get to the point that you won't be bogging. when that happens, you will click into 5th before you're halfway down the straight.

That is a most accurate assessment of my current position. I was spending almost all my time in 4th gear. It only became feasible to shift up to 5th past 3/4ths of the way down the back straight, and sometimes just before turn 1.

I will say, my legs are still pretty sore from all the hanging off! I did pick up some better boots, with rear wheel bearings, sprockets, and chain coming soon.

Disregard what the recommended is until you get faster.

Fine gearing adjustments come after young drop some additional time.

Biggie

This video gives you an idea of when the recommended gearing becomes more necessary.

I have not talked to Devon about this video, and it is the opposite direction we were racing this past weekend, but to me it sounds like he is short-shifting into 5th on the back straight.  My bike falls flat on its face as far as high RPM power, so I may have to try that too...

But to Justin's point about 4th gear, listen for where Devon shifts from 4th to 5th in this video.  It's before Turn 2, and he is WOT through turn 1.  Until you're up to pace through (backward) turn 3, you'll be carrying 4th a lot longer.

http://youtu.be/T1SZxfGoxq0

Yeah, I'm going to hold off on gearing... At my current lap time, average speed is about 38.5 miles per hour. At the fastest time of the day, a 56 or so second lap, it's 45.7 mph.

You may want to pick up a smaller rear sprocket for PIRC. It is a faster track overall, and even at mid-season pace last year, I was holding the bike on the rev limiter in 5th gear from the chicane up to the next braking zone.

I had 14/46 gearing at that point. If you're running 14/50, you will be way down on top-speed compared to some other people.

The GPS verified that with 14/46 gearing and ML75's I hit 48.3 mph

With the larger tires, I am thinking 50 might be possible.

Noted. I think I'll be keeping the gearing stock for the next two events at CRP, but then I have a month to swap parts before PIRC

Edited by 2.slow