Scorpio Ride GPS bike tracker / phone app

ReconRat

New anti-theft mini box for bike, controlled from phone app.

This one will even optionally watch tire pressures...

Log your track and road distance/time etc

anti-theft alerts by motion sensing

Can switch tracking over to the PD if stolen.

http://www.wired.com/2014/04/ride-scorpio/

I would like to find an app that would let loved ones track where I'm at when I'm out on the bike. As I often ride alone.

Lots of options, depending on what you want to do.

Life360 is what I use for this. It gives my wife GPS updates on her phone...in the same app..she just checks when she feels the need to see if the blip is still moving. She knows I always text a 'hi' when I stop for gas or food or whatever.

Now, if you want the ultimate there is one called CrashLight. I have the beta for android, it will be out soon. The Icrap version is already out.  It uses the motion sensors in your phone to determine you just crashed and it will text/email/call the contact number you give it with your gps coords. It's pretty darn cool, and works very well.

If that doesn't meet your needs, speak up. I have lots of ideas, but the above two are the best imnsho.

Edited by Tonik

Lots of options, depending on what you want to do.

Life360 is what I use for this. It gives my wife GPS updates on her phone...in the same app..she just checks when she feels the need to see if the blip is still moving. She knows I always text a 'hi' when I stop for gas or food or whatever.

I think I tried that once before, and it didn't update the way I wanted it to. I will take a look at it when I get home.

I also text or call when I stop. But the wife is always worried, especially when I take a longer ride.

I think I tried that once before, and it didn't update the way I wanted it to. I will take a look at it when I get home.

I also text or call when I stop. But the wife is always worried, especially when I take a longer ride.

Yea, it does not update as much as it should for what I/You are using it for. But it is currently the best option.  Google's Lattitude was awesome, it was totally real time.  Then the asshats discontinued it.

I'm using two freebies on my droid.GPSTracking Lite (or Pro, it's free) and Real Time GPS Tracker. Slight differences. Real Time also works with a website people can log into to see where you are (or more exactly where the phone is). You email them the link for the map.

Loss of signal can cause these apps to stop and fail to restart on their own. Have to notice the problem and give them a kick. Waze sometimes does the same thing.

Edited by ReconRat

• 3 weeks later...