Dumb question...

Speedy Gonzales

In Ohio, do you go to the BMW to get your plates for a new motorbike or does the dealer order them when you purchase and put them on when he gets them?

Depends on whether you get a BMW or a Honda.

• Upvote 1

The BMV is a blanket term people use to describe multiple offices. The title bureau, registrar, license agency, and a few other offices are all "BMV" entities to some degree.

Licensing and plates are typically done together.

I have to go register my bike, and also get new plates and stickers for my car before May 11...

Wish I had done it yesterday. I could have been riding today. The bike is "legal enough" at this point.

Ok ok BMV. Y'all knew

what I meant to type out!

:lol:  We're required by the rules of the forum

to razz the shit out of anyone that doesn't cross

all their t's and dot all their i's for the first two

years.

You are also required to give back as much crap

as what is dished out to you.  You found a home

here among friends.

:welcomeor:

When I bought my Ninja this March, the dealer didn't give me a temp tag.  Although, they were aware I was trying to sell my other bike and (I guess?) assumed I would just transfer the plate.  Well I tried that and BMV said "since you still currently own the other bike and haven't sold yet, we can't transfer".  So, I had to purchase a temp tag.  It kinda pissed me off!  As I was walking away from the counter, the employee said "psssttt, when you come back just say you sold the other bike (whether you did or not) and they'll transfer the plate".  I did just that and worked like a charm!  Still salty I had to buy my own damn temp tag.

Every dealer I have ever dealt with has taken care of the plates for me They would call when they came in and even put them on when I went to pick them up. They are selling you a bike it should always be part of their customer service.