Moto Series Round 1 May 2-4

TRMN8TR

I think I e-hurt Jeff's e-feelings.

I'm sorry, Jeffy. :(

And I'm glad you admitted that drugs are bad, finally. :D

Lol !

It takes a lot more than that to offend me !

Drugs are bad,I think ! ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those that don't get on the MS forum much, news from Todd.

The condition of the track was as much a surprise to me as you when you all arrived.
However I explained at the riders meetings on each day what the conditions were and we all moved forward with riding.
Yes there were some issues created and I addressed them as fast as I could to keep the weekend going.
I did speak with the management about us coming back and what was required of them to make that happen.

I've done everything I can in the past to make sure we have safe events, keep that faith on what we are rather than what one track has become.
Even if Nelson closes down we still have other track events so focus your energy on getting riders and racers to those.

While those words are important to hear, it doesn't change the fact that there are 5 more days of racing/track days on the calendar and the management at Nelsons will probably still not lift a finger enough to flip Todd the bird to his face about fixing anything.

I hope Todd has more pull there than he's had in the past because they always find a way to fuck him and unfortunately us in the process.

While those words are important to hear, it doesn't change the fact that there are 5 more days of racing/track days on the calendar and the management at Nelsons will probably still not lift a finger enough to flip Todd the bird to his face about fixing anything.

I hope Todd has more pull there than he's had in the past because they always find a way to fuck him and unfortunately us in the process.

We will see at round 3, I hope Todd goes out to the track and walks it the week before to check it out.

If he doesn't, someone needs to.  Sounds like the track basically wasn't safe at all.

I'm with you. I'm not terribly far away, and I walked it Saturday so I have a good idea of where the really bad spots are. I'm sure I could find time to go take a look. Just not sure when I would be able to, maybe check their calendar and go on one of the car days?

Better yet,Kerrie's brother has been asking me to come out when his buddy runs his Spitfire there.

I could take him up on that snd check it out kinda undercover!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with you. I'm not terribly far away, and I walked it Saturday so I have a good idea of where the really bad spots are. I'm sure I could find time to go take a look. Just not sure when I would be able to, maybe check their calendar and go on one of the car days?

Yeah Brando, and no offense to some rookies, but it has to be someone with some serious knowledge like yourself and most of the people on here.  Not just some friend of a friend who is close. 

I'd put my trust in you taking a look anytime.  Not Jbot though, he's probably call Jihad on all of us and laugh.  Not really, I doubt anyone would do that with something this serious. 

I don't consider that a problem.   Bike money is just as green as car money, and we dont' abuse the track surface as much.  The tracks should be happy to have us.

Having the track itself be booked solid is also good.  I means they are going to be around for a long time, and be able to afford the maintenance and improvements. (read South track!)

You don't get it.  You do understand that cars secure dates a lot sooner and with a LOT more frequency than bikes...  They could tell bikes to take a hike and never be an issue...

Uhhhhh...  It isn't the way it is being painted. 

I saw all of the emails between them. The way he found out they weren't getting contingency was shitty. Instead of providing tires to Todd for him to sell for them he was going to have to buy them with no return policy at the end of the year for one he couldn't sell. I don't know that he could afford 2 brands at this time. 

Again, for those that don't get on ms forum. It sounds like we are going in the right direction.

Now that we are all on the same page, I can tell you that the last thing said by me to the track management was "we can not come here unless the surface is fixed, and not just cold patch as they attempted earlier that weekend".
I have made it clear we rode only because we care enough about the track we want to come back and have worked with them under poor circumstances but this is beyond acceptable to do again.

Walking the track really put the condition into perspective...other than t1 and t13, nearly every patch is breaking apart and loose.  Where there were exiting holes (t4-t11) you could literally pull up 4x4x2" and larger chunks of the track with no effort.

There were probably a half dozen holes on the back straight, 4 in turn 4, and 3 entering the carousel before it tightens up.  Pretty much all right on the racing line or damn close to it.   

Edited by RHill

There were holes, they weren't the big problem (granted they caused the problem) but the chunks of pavement were the issue I had. I got drilled in the arm by one (thanks Brandon :) ) and that shit hurt. I'm just lucky I had no mechanical damage as some did. 

The holes killed my lap times!  Not really, but they did make me really uncomfortable in T4 and made me go extra wide when I got passed on the inside of the carousel.

My problem more than the holes and the debris was my "new" leathers.  They are too tight on my chest and legs, made riding more tiring than my old leathers.  Switched to the more loose fitting leathers and dropped a 1.5 sec for the second race and didn't feel winded after 5 laps....wish I would have switched during the track day, could have went much faster.  

My problem more than the holes and the debris was my "new" leathers.  They are too tight on my chest and legs, made riding more tiring than my old leathers.  Switched to the more loose fitting leathers and dropped a 1.5 sec for the second race and didn't feel winded after 5 laps....wish I would have switched during the track day, could have went much faster.  

I had the same problem. Unfortunately I'll probably be putting them up for sale cause I just don't see them stretching enough to fit.

so nelsons was complete shit this past weekend? what was so bad about it specifically?

Specifically this...big holes filled with cold patch and what looked like sand. On top of that baseball sized chunks of asphalt that were super loose and getting kicked up by the bikes.

20140503_193905_zpslqjz2ijy.jpg

20140503_194731_zpsxzxndadm.jpg

20140503_193922_zpsogv5grbi.jpg

I have like 50 pics of horrible track conditions you don't want to see. It didn't help my lap times any. Word on the street is that they're "Hiring a professional to repair the track this week/weekend." Hopefully the rumors are true.

Craig make sure you check my bike before we leave for Putnam, don't any surprises (like a hole in the radiator I didn't catch) :) .  Just got done watching the go pro video of the 20 the shrapnel that was kicked up in the back straight was unbelievable!!!!!