Moto Series Round 1 May 2-4

TRMN8TR

Maybe the rumors are finally starting to become true. Nelson Ledges might be a few short years away from "that bad."

It's already past the "that bad" state.

Next step is to bulldoze the place!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah the track was fucked. But it was great being back at the track with all the moto series guys. I wasn't anywhere close to my fastest times there, but I took 4th in both 600 sprints in my first weekend as an expert. Pretty pleased overall. Hopefully they get the track fixed up and the weather warms up so we can all go fast again.

I can't believe I wasted $165 plus everything else to get every session cut extremely short yesterday.

I paid for crash truck workers to go out and paint red circles around the worst parts of the track while I sit on pit out for 10-15 minutes.

Didnt get ate by the gators in the swamp! First track day was ok, made it out in one piece and definitely pushed that lil hawk harder than i ever have! Will try another track day, just never again at nelson ledges... See you guys at epic ride!

Walking the track really put the condition into perspective...other than t1 and t13, nearly every patch is breaking apart and loose.  Where there were exiting holes (t4-t11) you could literally pull up 4x4x2" and larger chunks of the track with no effort.

I'm sure they will patch it up....but when next year rolls around is the first event going to be a rock flinging shitfest again?  There was plenty of opportunity walk the track, see the condition, and have it corrected before it became an issue, but no one did.  There was no lesson learned from last year when the same thing happened with the patches on the exit of the carousel.  

Overall, I had a pretty good time while running some horrible laps.

Didnt get ate by the gators in the swamp! First track day was ok, made it out in one piece and definitely pushed that lil hawk harder than i ever have! Will try another track day, just never again at nelson ledges... See you guys at epic ride!

Did you make it home before the second burst of rain got to you?  

Glad you had a decent time considering all the issues.

Ive been racing at Nelson since 1989, it was the worst I've seen it.......but I still had fun until the chain broke on the start of race 1 just before the bridge.

It was a honor to race one of Sam's bikes no matter how rough and bumpy the track was......I'd do it again tomorrow if I could bumps and all.

That sounds pretty unacceptable and not very safe...

I don't expect Todd to be responsible for the condition of the track, but I do hope he vocalizes some frustration with management.

I wonder what it would cost to have 8 PIRC rounds and 2 Nelson rounds...

My plastic chest protector had a quarter size piece of asphalt that knocked a hole and was sticking in my chest protector.......also there was no water for most of Saturday???? it just wasn't a good showing for new riders at Nelson!!! LOL

I agree with Ryan. This is by far the worse I have ever seen it. Brandon and I managed to have some good battles and he took first and I got second in the mini 20, had Ron manned up and passed someone he could have completed an OR podium. 

Track was crap!!!!!!! I might just put a piece of mine belt over the front of my bike for the next Nelson round.   Sorry Craig I forgot to bring my big boy pants.   

I took it pretty easy all weekend after my second session incident. But race school is done now so yay, took it pretty easy on the mock starts as well :D

As someone who  has just done track days so far it will be hard to go to nelson again for just a track day when we have mid ohio and PIRC around. If I was racing with everyone sure it would be more enticing to stick around all weekend and race but im not sure its worth it for someone like myself who just wants to go have fun on a saturday.

Thanks for following me a session Craig and giving me help on the carousel.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought it was hard to ride in spots. I remember it being bad, but T4 especially was nuts.

I took a piece of asphalt in the bicep that drew a little blood, gross. I'm glad nobody got anything thrown up in their radiators.

I think between the rain, track conditions, and skill range my group was bust. I got maybe one or two clear laps without hitting traffic. Pretty frustrating.

I was talking to a friend who was supposed to head out there in his Subaru a couple weeks ago. He told me his track day was cancelled so they could do repairs. I'm wondering what they repaired, and if it was with orange paint? ;)

Anyways it was still fun, good seeing some familiar face and meeting some more OR guys. I'm ready for some smooth pavement at Putnam. Debating moving up to intermediate.

Wow, sounds like it may finally have come time for 2 options, 1)close the track if no one is willing to spend money on it, 2)close it.

That would be super sad as that track has more history then a lot of the tracks raced by most orginization, granted some history is good, some bad.  But in the end, the track itself has been there forever and then some.  Granted the facilities are still the same ones ast 50 years ago, but still.

I know last year first round I took a piece of asphalt coming out of the caresoul and then they put cones around the hole.  Thing is, it was directly in the acceleration line and super dangerous.  Sounds like this was way worse.

Glad everyone made it home safe.

Wow, sounds like it may finally have come time for 2 options, 1)close the track if no one is willing to spend money on it, 2)close it.

That would be super sad as that track has more history then a lot of the tracks raced by most orginization, granted some history is good, some bad. But in the end, the track itself has been there forever and then some. Granted the facilities are still the same ones ast 50 years ago, but still.

I know last year first round I took a piece of asphalt coming out of the caresoul and then they put cones around the hole. Thing is, it was directly in the acceleration line and super dangerous. Sounds like this was way worse.

Glad everyone made it home safe.

First round last year I broke my Penske reservoir mount first session out,after I got home I found a piece of NL wedged in my swingarm.