Legal question

QuikAccord

Yes, a single word can be trademarked so that would make it intellectual property by definition.. For example, Snot has trademarked the word 'sammich'.

Edited by Tonik
  • Upvote 2

I'll just now make a product as a create your own "got yourwordhere?" decal and tag it with as many words possible with glock thrown in the mix.

What Casper said. It is protected speech to rip on a company...and use their logos, names and trademarks on the website that is ripping on them. You are making a statement, not making money. Making money off their property is what got you the email.

The ad firm that came up with got milk or who they made it for (milk council?) could also stop you but from my understanding they don't give a shit.

Edited by turnone

well, time to do some editing to my website. I was contacted today by a law firm claiming to be representing Glock and was asked to remove my "got glock?" decal.

This sounds suspicious to me, if only for the fact that it would require that Glock, a large firearms company, does not have its own in-house counsel.  I find that hard to believe.  It's possible they farmed out trademark work to an outside firm, but still...

Large firms are represented by big time legal counsel (which often have offices in major cities).  It's probably legit, and they're also right...  If you're making money off their name... they're entitled to it.  I suggest you take down the sticker before they take every penny that you every made from their trademarked name.

Yes, a single word can be trademarked so that would make it intellectual property by definition.. For example, Snot has trademarked the word 'sammich'.

Just saw this, it use to be gen3's but she left us for Facebook.

• 2 weeks later...