Delaware Ohio to Louisville KY - road suggestions?

banditj13

So, I might be headed down to Louisville for a RC airplane event this weekend (fundraiser for kids organization), and thought I might turn it into a MC ride... I am not participating, just going to support/spectate, so no worries on luggage space.

Any suggestions on "must ride" roads along the general SouthWest path between Delaware OH and Louisville KY?

If I use google maps, and tell it to avoid highways and tolls, I come with about 230 miles one direction.

Event starts 11am saturday, and ends Sunday at 5pm... So I am figuring on somewhere in the neighborhood of 4-5 hours, one direction.

There are SO MANY ROADS in the NKY area bounded by the area from Maysville to Louisville and north to the OH river that you could spend two weeks riding hundreds of miles a day and not do all of them!  As good as 22 is from Willow to Williamstown, it gets less remarkable the further west you go.  Another option--since we're freely adding mega-miles to Bandit13's ride--would be to head south from Owenton on 227 (LEGENDARY!) all the way to Stamping Ground, then wiggle your way over to Frankfort and pick up I-64W into L-ville.  In the eastern part of your ride, you can't go wrong with 875, 165 (freshly paved!), 62, 356, 607, and US421 (more traffic, tho).

Edited by Bubba

UPDATE: I didn't end up making it to Kentucky this past weekend - other plans came up. that's the bad news...

The Good news: I don't have any plans this coming weekend, and assuming the weather holds, I think I am going to make a trip and ride some of the mentioned roads... 

I will definitely plan on hitting 227, and probably 22 as well.