In or Out - Off or On

Tonik

Insert title here.  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Do you park in gear or out of gear?

2. 2. Do you start your bike while on or while off the bike>

Don't trust them sum bitches, Sam. I worked at

many gas stations in my early years. I've seen

them things not shut off and bathe the ground in

gas. I hold the nozzle the whole time.

Flip the nozzle over and look at the little hole under

the tip of it. If it stops getting air into it, it is

supposed to shut off. If it's winter time and gas

will not pump, blow into the hole. It probably has

ice in it.

It's also a fire hazard to fuel the bike while sitting

on it, in case you spill fuel on a hot engine, start

a fire, jump off, bike falls over because the kickstand

is still up, fuel flows out of the tank, and fire spreads.

Spraying a fire extinguisher at your burning crotch

may be a little tricky, as well.

My bike is on the stand the entire time.

Quit looking up, chicken little.

In the garage I put the bike in neutral, most other places I leave it in gear. It depends on the situation.

Sometimes I start the bike while off the bike and gearing up, sometimes while I'm on it, putting on my gloves. It depends on the situation.

I've fueled while sitting on the bike, but most of the time I do it off the bike because I need to "fold" the tank bag out of the way. Again, it depends on the situation.

Sometimes I take my helmet off while having sex, sometimes I leave it on. It depends on the situation...

• Upvote 2

Sometimes I take my helmet off while having sex, sometimes I leave it on. It depends on the situation...

I take mine off but, sometimes I put down the spatula most of the time I don't, just depends on the situation.

Edited by snot
  • Upvote 1

speaking of pumping gas...

Ever had one of the nozzles that required pressure to the tank to be able to pump?

Basically there is a sleeve around the nozzle that is spring loaded. The sleeve has to retract for the nozzle to pump.

I've never seen one in Ohio. I did however try to use one out in Las Vegas. It was a giant pain in the ass.

Folks, that bar keeps you from hitting your fuel pump and fucking it up.

I guess being a Honda owner has its benefits and either

A) The designers are smarter at Honda and don't put the pump in a place it can be damaged by a nozzle

B) The designers at Honda feel their owners are far too smart to damage the pump with a nozzle

Either way, I think Honda has it right :D

I guess being a Honda owner has its benefits and either

A) The designers are smarter at Honda and don't put the pump in a place it can be damaged by a nozzle

B) The designers at Honda feel their owners are far too smart to damage the pump with a nozzle

Either way, I think Honda has it right :D

My Honda had one, fill was right front....pump was left rear. It was impossible to hit the fuel pump with even my extended length nozzle. Yet still they had one. Not sure why you folks are so intent on using the auto fill on a gas pump. God help you if it does not shut off and all that gas runs down on your hot engine and exhaust.

I will be at the gas station across the street if you and I ever ride together and need gas.

• Upvote 2

oh...so you're saying they think less of their cruiser crowd than the sport inspired crowd?

I missed the auto-fill on the bike argument and i agree its dumb. Then again my bike would only fill about 1.5 gallons before it shuts off anyhow

oh...so you're saying they think less of their cruiser crowd than the sport inspired crowd?

I missed the auto-fill on the bike argument and i agree its dumb. Then again my bike would only fill about 1.5 gallons before it shuts off anyhow

I actually think it might be more of a 'fill to here' thing. I know on my two Kaw's that was what the manual said it was for. On the last one if you filled much beyond that bar as soon as you stood the bike up it would drain out the overflow tube anyway. The fill was far right...which would be higher up than when you pick it up and drive.  Same with one in the center on the new bike, although the effect isn't as much.

speaking of pumping gas...

Ever had one of the nozzles that required pressure to the tank to be able to pump?

Basically there is a sleeve around the nozzle that is spring loaded. The sleeve has to retract for the nozzle to pump.

I've never seen one in Ohio. I did however try to use one out in Las Vegas. It was a giant pain in the ass.

New Mexico, Nevada, and California, once you figure it out, it's easy, but takes 2 hands.

Few places in AZ have those stupid sleeves too... Oh, and Brian, my bike is a Honda CB1000R... So it's not just a cruiser thing

I missed that yours had it apparently

I don't really have a preference for either category. I'll start my bike sitting on it, standing to the left, or to the right. Ill usually let it warm up for a couple minutes and put my gear on while it warms up.

Ninja start off the bike get on from the left and parked in neutral unless on large hill

XR off the bike, because I has no strength in right leg to kick plus decompression mechanism is broken usually leave it in gear and rag clutch and kick to start.