Mid Ohio 6-22 (twilight) and 6-23

F4iguy

The group I was with all completely understood the call.  Riding is awesome but someone's health is much more important.  Plus I screwed up the second session for Intermediate so what right would I have to complain?

Edited by lowcel

We had a lot of confusion as I had to get a few pieces of important paperwork that was located at the top office - Medflight needed copies. 

This wouldn't cause any delays with medflight would it? wonder if that paperwork should be kept at the track until the day is over and then taken up to the office.

Edited by OSUYZFR1

This wouldn't cause any delays with medflight would it? wonder if that paperwork should be kept at the track until the day is over and then taken up to the office.

The girls take it up to the office and sort and organize.  I have the tally report with people's names and related to the number we assign on the decal.  So, if the guys say it is Advanced #21, I know to look on the advanced sheet and under the 21st signup and know who it is.  I get the paperwork...  It's always at the track.  Just at the front office at the top where the gate is...

The flight wasn't delayed at all.  That's why I was blitzing through the paddock in the safety truck up to the office.  They had it sorted and took maybe a whole 2-3 minutes.  They (flight) weren't waiting on me in any way.  We knew Life Flight was coming and i started the process...

damn, not what expected to hear.  Hopefully he is doing OK and everyone had a great time. 

Have to say, Mid-O is really on top of safety; it is the first place I've ever been evaluated after a minor crash.  

The reason for the cancellation which was my decision was based on a couple of factors.  One, Life Flight lifted with about 30 minutes to go.  So, by the time we'd do any calls, the Novice Group would have been the only group to ride that last hour.  Second, with what happened in that group, I just felt it wasn't the best thing to do and that shutting it down made best sense.

Yes, everyone got a shortened event by one session, but at the end of the day I made a call that I felt made sense.  The instructors all agreed from whom I asked and since it involved the Novice group, we felt it was the best choice. 

I will always back your calls there, you are one of only a few coaches that are there to better people instead of just get free track time.

yeah.. not to switch the  subject a bit.. but seeing as I just got a JCAHO  visit today.. I feel that you need to re-inform your GF that a slip up of that nature, if dude doesn't want his medical prognosis posted or known is a minimum of 10k fine per infraction and possible loss of licensure of the one involved permanently (I've seen it happen for just saying some one was there for a surgery...) obviously its public knowledge that he was injured and went to a hospital via medflight, but the rest is confidential info..

• Upvote 1

yeah.. not to switch the  subject a bit.. but seeing as I just got a JCAHO  visit today.. I feel that you need to re-inform your GF that a slip up of that nature, if dude doesn't want his medical prognosis posted or known is a minimum of 10k fine per infraction and possible loss of licensure of the one involved permanently (I've seen it happen for just saying some one was there for a surgery...) obviously its public knowledge that he was injured and went to a hospital via medflight, but the rest is confidential info..

I can vouch, ain't something to mess with in the future, no matter if it's a bud, forum member, heck even family member.  Wife's seen several Dr.'s lose their jobs due to it.  

Hey Desmo-brian...I hope my comment wasn't taken the wrong way. I was not happy when I heard there was a helicopter on the way for someone. I wish things like that wouldn't even have to happen. It is a race track though, and...,...,...

I guess what I meant was that I was having a good time up until then. I completely respect the day was shut down. I believe that was the right thing to do. It was good to hear this morning that the guy just broke some bones.

Sorry if I may have came off the wrong way.

you're taking it wrong man.. its trying to help! don't wanna see anyone get hurt by it.. yes we are all glad to hear dude is doing well..  EXTREMELY HAPPY. but just as much so.. maybe he didn't want anyone to know! its not for you / your GF or anyone else to take that from him sorry there isn't any arguing the contrary

back on subject.. the day went well.. weather held out fantastically! and my group I had come from indy that had never been to a world class org before.. we're highly impressed by the day.. good job on your first at bat brian it did well! oh and tell Matt Mahoney again thanks for the offer to Coach for the day.. I still think I should have taken him up on it

Just to let you know, it is not a hippa violation. Anyone within ear shot of anyone at a hospital can hear everything anyone is saying, you might want to spend the day in the ER and then tell me everything you overherd, you would be surprised. Just be happy the guy is ok, because one day you might be happy to know that someone is looking out for you!!! The guy is going to tell you all about it eventually weather you here it here or on the track!!!!!!! Wishing you the best and hoping you don't end up worse!!!!!

• Downvote 1

Yea honestly I would edit your earlier comment and remove anything containing info about his injury.. Seems silly but they don't mess around as others have said. No need to take offense to it, they're just trying to save your gf a bit of trouble, possibly a job. I know everyone talks in private in the health care field but openly discussing it where others are in earshot, not to mention on a forum is a huge no-no. 

• Upvote 1