I keep forgetting what time zone I'm in...

Casper

Anyone else who travels for work have this issue? I'm in EST, I feel like I'm in PST. I'm in PST, I feel like I'm in EST. It never fails. It's even worse when I'm in Europe. Sleeping just doesn't happen.

I get really screwed up with my outlook calendar appointments and flights. I accept an appointment for 10:00, but then it's really 11:00, but I accepted another for 11:00, but my flight leaves at noon, but is it really noon or did I accept that flight while in Dallas?

Travel in general sucks....

Typing from a boarding area

I fly nearly every week... Many weeks to several locations. It's not fun. In the last 45 days, I've been to Boston x2, Norfolk, Dallas, Louisville x2, Chicago x 2, Indy, all over Ohio. This week... Miami, and then to Norfolk again. My daughter is now like.... "Were you gone this week?" The kids missing me hurts, but getting so used to it that it doesn't phase them hurts more. Dr. Phill, where are you!!!!???

What do you do that causes you to travel so much?

Traveling for work used to be fun but now it's a pain. All the security restrictions and airlines shrinking the seats etc just make it no fun at all.

I'm in healthcare with coverage east of the Mississippi.

Work travel can be a pain.

Making sure you get to the airport on time, make sure the flight did not change gates, and if there is a connecting flight, finding the next gate.

My friends hear that I am flying all over to places like LA, Denver and Dallas and think I have the coolest job.

When traveling for work, I am not a tourist.

All the cities look the same from the airport, to the customer, hotel room and back to the airport.

Only one work trip I got to be a tourist.

In Salt Lake City, I finished the task at hand about 2 PM. I took a drive to Ogden Utah to go to the Browning firearm museum.

That was the best work trip to date, next would be an LA trip, I got drive Holland Drive and then from Malibu to LAX on the Pacific Coast highway.

• Upvote 1

Work travel can be a pain.

Making sure you get to the airport on time, make sure the flight did not change gates, and if there is a connecting flight, finding the next gate.

My friends hear that I am flying all over to places like LA, Denver and Dallas and think I have the coolest job.

When traveling for work, I am not a tourist.

All the cities look the same from the airport, to the customer, hotel room and back to the airport.

Only one work trip I got to be a tourist.

In Salt Lake City, I finished the task at hand about 2 PM. I took a drive to Ogden Utah to go to the Browning firearm museum.

That was the best work trip to date, next would be an LA trip, I got drive Holland Drive and then from Malibu to LAX on the Pacific Coast highway.

Funny. I was just telling a guy on an airplane yesterday that all the cities are the same. He was appalled that I didn't think San Francisco was just this amazing city. The bars are the same, the restaurants are the same, the hotels are the same, the airports are the same, the people are the same, etc. Texas, California, New York, etc. Only the scenery and weather changes.

• Upvote 2

and toll roads.

Favorite airport is Charlotte.

Hate Altanta.

Plus you kinda feel like a tool being "that guy" sitting alone at the bar in the hotel restaurant.

As of today Charlotte also became my favorite but for the sole reason of having a Bojangles right next to our gate

I like being "that guy". I enjoy eating alone. I like the layout of Baltimore and Midway. Always get stuck in Atlanta. Love Legal Seafood in Logan. Dallas sucks. Always delayed in Dallas too.

I like being "that guy". I enjoy eating alone. I like the layout of Baltimore and Midway. Always get stuck in Atlanta. Love Legal Seafood in Logan. Dallas sucks. Always delayed in Dallas too.

I avoid Logan like the plague. I fly into Manchester and drive. So much easier (and no tolls).

Frankfort is my least favorite airport. So damn big.

O'Hare has those sweet automatic toilet seat covers.

Oakland is easier for San Francisco, as long as no crazy guy decides it's a good day to set his truck on fire at the tolls.

Cleveland is a shithole and flights are never on time.

Newark is fine as long as you don't have to transfer terminals.

Munich is nice.

I could keep going...